Subject: Die roll modifiers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Aguis
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
It seems almost impossible to me for the guardian to capture anybody since every body seems to have die roll modifiers for almost all their stats. In the game I played today I was only able to capure one character for the whole game {a warrior}. If a natural one dosn't capture if a positive die roll is involved, I don't see how the guardian can make captures. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rutter

North East
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the games I have played, most of the capturing occurs on a venturing action. If you fail a venture action, that is roll a five or less after dice modifiers, the adventurer is captured. Yes, a combination of the right room with the right adventurer will never result in a capture, but my son recently captured seven of my adventures due to low dice rolls and bad match-ups.

Captures don't occur frequently during a scout action because those only happen when a 1 is rolled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Aguis
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
marutter wrote:
In the games I have played, most of the capturing occurs on a venturing action. If you fail a venture action, that is roll a five or less after dice modifiers, the adventurer is captured. Yes, a combination of the right room with the right adventurer will never result in a capture, but my son recently captured seven of my adventures due to low dice rolls and bad match-ups.

Captures don't occur frequently during a scout action because those only happen when a 1 is rolled.

Thanks for answering my post. I just didn't understand the venturing rule. Now all is clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kassey
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
CHEDDAR!
badge
AGENT OF THE MNL!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, and the way i think of it as the guardian is i basically start with 16 points (the Treasure room and 8 flip down locations) and the hero starts with basically ZERO.

IF i don't get a capture in like 5 rounds, I'm still probably ahead. So even if the guardian gets squeezed in the start, it can turn around with just 1 of those party venture wipe outs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have played several times and the ratio is 6 to 4 (Guardians). A couple of those losses where very lopsided as the Hero rolled 8 1's in a row! Also had the Hero capture the treasure room but ended up losing by 2. At first we thought Heros had the upper hand with the modification to the roles but now feel that if the Guardian keeps rearranging the locations/rooms, they have a good shot at winning.

BTW my 10 and 7 year olds both love this game and i have found them playing each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.