Larry Tuxbury
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
badge
SHAZAM!
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the AH version of Britannia, but I've found that Fantasy Flight rules are much easier to interpret than the old Avalon Hill rules. Can I play my old game with the new rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave boulton
United Kingdom
etchingham
E. Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm that is a good qwestion, I've been following the development of the ffg version pretty closely, Britannia is my faveorite game, though I have the original gibsons version which is different to the AH, I think the main problem with playing new rules with an old set is that the scoreing is different, so unless you have a copy of the new version (or can get a good look at one with a notebook and pencil around) scoreing will be difficult: From what I have seen thus far scoreing mostly seems to be double what it was in the original version. (though I'm not sure this is correct for everything) The only other problem I can see is you would be missing a Roman as the new version has 16 not 15 of them (though its possible the AH version had 16 not 15, I wouldnt know, never seen AH version) plus there are now new saxon fort like bits and at least one new leader: Boudicca

so the answer to your qwestion is mostly, yesish

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.