Subject: How immediately does the game end when the alarm hits 99? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter T
msg tools
badge
Exit, stage left!
mbmbmbmbmb
First game I played, I was at the loading dock, while the alarm was almost max. I played an item card which allowed me to break the tech lock (raising the alarm by 10) and then interact with the room, allowing me to escape. I timed it well enough that the alarm hit 93 after my turn, and the security phase die roll was enough to raise the alarm past 99.

What would have happen if after using the item to break the tech lock and the alarm reached 99+, would I still have been allowed to interface with the room to escape? Or would the game just end before the item finished resolving?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
snaggle wrote:
First game I played, I was at the loading dock, while the alarm was almost max. I played an item card which allowed me to break the tech lock (raising the alarm by 10) and then interact with the room, allowing me to escape. I timed it well enough that the alarm hit 93 after my turn, and the security phase die roll was enough to raise the alarm past 99.

What would have happen if after using the item to break the tech lock and the alarm reached 99+, would I still have been allowed to interface with the room to escape? Or would the game just end before the item finished resolving?

The game ends immediately when it goes to 99. There is no more plays, no chance to bring it down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snaggle wrote:

Yeah, I think you would have been caught be security forces (or shot down with automatic fire) just as the tech lock was breaking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.