Subject: ? About Marvin rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Castaneda
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When I use Marvin to destroy a molecule on the board, does it destroy all instances of that molecule? Ex. There are two Hs on the bacteria. Does Marvin knock out both of them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gibson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaggo kast wrote:
When I use Marvin to destroy a molecule on the board, does it destroy all instances of that molecule? Ex. There are two Hs on the bacteria. Does Marvin knock out both of them?

Using Marvin is like having placed all the proteins on the Antibody yourself and getting the resulting consequences. So If it was the A Molecule and there were 3 copies (and all them eventually had 3 free sides), then Marvin would knock them all out. If he knocked out two As in Stage 8, another A appearing in Stage 9 would still get removed.

So Marvin is essentially a free Antibody when you really, REALLY need it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Castaneda
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response! The game is awesome and has become one of my top three solo games. Going to play the viral side tonight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gibson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaggo kast wrote:
Thanks for the response! The game is awesome and has become one of my top three solo games. Going to play the viral side tonight!

Win one for Humanity, Aaron!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris cymru
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Jaggo kast wrote:

What are your other two?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Castaneda
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My other two are Mage Knight and Pandemic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gibson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaggo kast wrote:
My other two are Mage Knight and Pandemic.

So how do Pandemic and Infection compare for you as solo games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Castaneda
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think Pandemic has solid mechanics and good replay value. I'm not a big fan on setup time though. I know it's not much but, I just want to get started playing sometimes. Infections big pull for me is its tension, especially in late game when you can't roll above a 4 to save your life. Also, just when you think you have the game in the bag, a mutation occurs with 5 protein molecule. Pandemic has some tension but not as much as Infection in my own opinion. I sell vaccines for a living so the theme is also a big factor. Right now when I'm looking at both pandemic and infection boxes deciding what to play, I got to say it's Infection for me now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gibson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaggo kast wrote:
I think Pandemic has solid mechanics and good replay value. I'm not a big fan on setup time though. I know it's not much but, I just want to get started playing sometimes. Infections big pull for me is its tension, especially in late game when you can't roll above a 4 to save your life. Also, just when you think you have the game in the bag, a mutation occurs with 5 protein molecule. Pandemic has some tension but not as much as Infection in my own opinion. I sell vaccines for a living so the theme is also a big factor. Right now when I'm looking at both pandemic and infection boxes deciding what to play, I got to say it's Infection for me now.

You sell vaccines for a living? Wow! I don't have a medical background--I' m a computer programmer--but the theme appealed to me as well, and one I thought could be a great fit for a solo board game. I am glad you enjoy it. End game tension can build up quickly in Infection, which is good for a half-hour game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the three, empty hex spaces for on Marvin's card?
Expansion tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gibson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hex_Enduction_Hour wrote:
What are the three, empty hex spaces for on Marvin's card?
Expansion tokens?

That was a design decision made by the graphic artist and the developer. I figured it was just to make the cards all look the similar. There are no plans at this time to expand Marvin's powers...but that doesn't mean that I won't. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.