Popular Tags: [View All]
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I already own the AH edition and the Columbia Games 3rd edition. I would like to play the 4th edition. The terrain blocks and rules look pretty cool.

Does anyone know if Columbia games is offering an upgrade kit for folk like me? It should have the terrain blocks and stickers and the new rules. I'd be willing to pay for an upgrade, but my wife will murder me if I get yet another copy of this game. She will not understand the fine points of difference between each edition. All she will see is yet another game coming into the house to clutter it up...and worst of all for her...its a game I already have 2 copies of.

So please...is there an upgrade kit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gotthard Heinrici (prev. Graf Strachwitz)
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pack 3rd edition in a box in front of your wife, say you have sold the copy to some German bloke and order 4th edition (send box to a hidden corner of the attic or make someone happy with it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Looby
United States
Wadhams
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Harae wrote:
Pack 3rd edition in a box in front of your wife, say you have sold the copy to some German bloke and order 4th edition (send box to a hidden corner of the attic or make someone happy with it).

That's the spirit!

No upgrades... go for the full-Monty!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Richards
Australia
Mittagong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They play differently enough to be different games altogether, and yes there has been a thread on the merging of editions on BGG.

You won't regret having both, and anyway...THE BOX HAS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT DESIGN SO THE WIFE WILL NEVER KNOW ITS THE SAME GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no components in common between the different editions, so an upgrade kit would not make sense. There's nothing left of the old farmer's hammer if your replace the handle and the head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.