Subject: Arkham location same phase use limits? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Schneider
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
Okay I think I'm correct in assuming that if I want to cash in two Gate Trophy's at the Church by the same investigator in the same Arkham Encounter phase I could get more than one blessing which I could give to both myself and another player? The same would be true in similar such locales. Or is there such a one encounter-one reward limit for the turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you may only use a location's special encounter once per turn, the same way you only have one normal encounter at a location. You may stay at the location for several turns if you want to trade in trophies for multiple rewards.

This was clarified in the Faq:

Complete Arkham Horror Faq wrote:
Q: At locations where trophies can be traded for items, can I use the location’s special ability more than once in a turn?

A: A location’s special ability may only be triggered once per turn per investigator, unless a game effect specifically allows him to activate it more than once (for example, the Summoning Glass Exhibit Item [CotDP]).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Schneider
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
anoirtrou wrote:
Yes, you may only use a location's special encounter once per turn, the same way you only have one normal encounter at a location. You may stay at the location for several turns if you want to trade in trophies for multiple rewards.

Party Pooper. That's a buzz kill dude but thank you.cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also don't believe you can get more than one blessing, nor are blessings a commodity that can be traded..

jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the OP was referring to the Special Location ability of the South Church which states that you may Bless any investigator by spending a gate or 5 monster trophies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anoirtrou wrote:
I believe the OP was referring to the Special Location ability of the South Church which states that you may Bless any investigator by spending a gate or 5 monster trophies.

You are correct. I didn't even realize that's what the board said. Good to know.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.