Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Kendall
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi Henrik. Apologies for not replying sooner.
Team members may benefit from the kingdom building successes of their team mates and any map successes of team mates will be to the detriment of opposing team members. So if the southern Hebrew tribes expand to push back the Philistines, then any Hebrew team mate who later plays the Southern tribes will find their map position the stronger, and any opponent team members who later plays the Philistines will start from a weaker map position. Similarly any strengthening using cities or stacked units will help team mates, especially if a team mates' Patriarch occupies the same land.
Hope this answers your question?
Steve K
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure that there is any sense of being on a Hebrew/Heathen 'team'. It feels much more like 'every man for himself' rather than 'us versus them'. Any nation you control, whether Northern/Southern Hebrew tribes or one of the Heathen nations, is only 'yours' for the duration of the turn.

So, for example, when expanding your kingdom you don't really feel as if you are directly attacking other players. Indeed there were a few times in my one played game so far when I stacked units to form a defence and soon afterwards found myself attacking that same territory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.