1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Press Releases

Subject: Custom Ancient Settlers of Catan pieces in Indiegogo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
premutos mutos
msg tools

Hi gamers!
I´m Happy to present you a new Indiegogo proyect That wants to be the most ambitious set of pieces ever made for the Settlers of Catan Boardgame.
The pieces are made of resin with and hibrid method between hand modelling and 3D print.
Take a look on:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ancient-civilizations-citi...

And tell me about your opinion.
Thanks for your time.
Regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Throw in ships for each civi and I'll throw in my money meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
premutos mutos
msg tools
Hi Ron!
Thats the first part of the proyect, I want to see the peoples reply, but I want to do it; walls, ships, metropolis,soldiers...and more.
But first I want to see if the gamers are interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Beautiful work, but I think pieces from the expansions would be more attractive stretch goals than the alternate stuff you currently have. I suppose people who are so much into the game to buy expensive custom pieces probably have expansions and would like to have full sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
Beautiful work, but I think pieces from the expansions would be more attractive stretch goals than the alternate stuff you currently have. I suppose people who are so much into the game to buy expensive custom pieces probably have expansions and would like to have full sets.

I'd strongly agree with this. If you really like Catan then chances are you play with at least one expansion meaning that these base set only custom piece aren't that appealing to a significant number of your core market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac LaRue
United States
Shavertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They look really nice, but for the cost I would rather get another board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool pieces, I wish they were for a game I liked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
premutos mutos
msg tools
You two are right, Like a catan fan player I have all the expansions and they add soo much to the game.
I want to do all the components, but my first idea is make the basic game first and after do a pack with all the expansions...and I will do it because I want custom ships, walls and metropolies for me.
Your right, and I must think about it, but now its too late to make those changes , Behing that there are months of hard work and I want to respect the times of the proyect.
All I can say is that in the future I will do it and the persons that now arent secure to support the proyect will have their change to adquire the expansions pieces and the basic game pieces too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Jones
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Cool pieces. You should also try to expand to make minis for other very popular games, you could probably do well.

You should also post here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/104627/board-game-projects...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
premutos mutos
msg tools
Thank you very much for you help.
In a future I want to do more things for different games soo I listen your suggestions.
regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Faramir of Gondor
United States
Cartwright
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good pieces! I would buy them to play with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm "in" for $60 !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
premutos mutos
msg tools
Thanks John! Thanks Faramir! Its nice to see that there are people interested in the product all around the world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Jones
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
You've easily met your goal and still have many days to go! Good for you for your entreperneural spirit and doing something to help others increase their enjoyment.
If you wish to continue to make other miniatures in the future--for other games or expansions, and if you wish to continue to use crowdfunding to do so, I would recommend you use Kickstarter next time. Nothing wrong with Indigogo, but for boardgames, Kickstarter is much more popular and has a wider gaming audience. You would probably get much more revenue through Kickstarter than Indigogo. But either way, keep up the good work. These look great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
premutos mutos
msg tools
Thanks Wesley!
I hope we can reach the $8000 to make the most complete project with all the stretch goals. Now we are near 2000.
I know Kickstarter is a better choice, but Im Spanish and thats the best web where I can put my project, I hope Kickstarter opens their borderline soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
postpremutox wrote:
Thanks Wesley!
I hope we can reach the $8000 to make the most complete project with all the stretch goals. Now we are near 2000.
I know Kickstarter is a better choice, but Im Spanish and thats the best web where I can put my project, I hope Kickstarter opens their borderline soon!
when do you expect to actually produce (and then ship) these? thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
premutos mutos
msg tools
In october 2013 will be ready to begin the shipments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lauda
Canada
flag msg tools
These are great I contributed $77 as soon as I saw the page.

James L

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
premutos mutos
msg tools
Thanks James for your collaboration.
Today we have reach the $3000 and with that the second Stretch Goal laugh

And thats a video made by a friend to celebrate it, here you can see the new jobs and the pieces detail
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV_CMStXUaY

Thanks for your help!
Regards
Felipe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jupklass Jupklass2
Spain
Pamplona
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Reached!! Just 3.000$ to go and only 6 days... please Share to get all strech goals!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Fernandez
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
badge
Ludo Ergo Sum
mbmbmbmbmb
They've changed the last reward just to reach 6000$... and you can have all the minis!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Shields
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
bump

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darius Dela Cruz
msg tools
i just discovered 'indiegogo' today and am super sad that i missed out on your campaign this past fall! your product looks amazing! i would love to own one for my Catan game nights any chance that this is going public? or that you have any extras for sale? i live in Canada and would love to buy 1-3 sets of the 6 ancient civilizations: cities and settlements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hendren
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Hi all!

I'm new here on boardgamegeek, but I stumbled across this post and thought it pertained to something I've been working on. I wanted to provide an alternative means of custom pieces I've been working on for the past few months now. Take a look at the catan pieces I've created using 3D printing and let me know what you think!

Also, I'm wide open to other suggestions for 3D printing and board gaming!

David

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Build3D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had forgotten about this. Have backers already received their rewards? I was on the fence about backing and missed the deadline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.