Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Sciacca
United States
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
According to the description in the rules, the "Rage" ability allows the model's owner to roll a 4-6 for each "attack". Does the word "attack" mean that for each die the fig can roll in an attack? Or does it mean for each enemy model it could attack?

Example - The Orc Leader (FE 029) has two Light figures in his kill zone during the combat phase. Would the benefit be that the Orc Leader rolls 6 dice (one for each of his combat dice), and gets an extra attack for each 4+? OR.. does it mean he rolls only TWO dice - one for each of the enemy figures he can attack?

Would love to know this, as it's a pretty significant difference. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The definition of 'attacks' is how many dice the fig rolls in combat. See rules 1.02.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Sciacca
United States
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OK, thanks for the quick response. My opponent isn't going to be pleased. But it WAS his interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favourite figure for rage is the Orc Leader with 6 Attack for just 185pts and enough action points to use rage twice (if he lives long enough).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mc
United States
Dunkirk
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the answer of 6, recalling that it's 6 rage dice (so the 4+ rolls aren't hits, just more dice), giving you potentially 6-12 attack dice, 9 on average.

It's powerful.

What I never understood is the inclusion of the word "current" in the Rage rule. I don't know how a "current attack" is different from an attack. "Current" could be an extraneous word, and that's that.

Or "current" could refer to the possibility that some rule, power or terrain modifier (maybe even one that never got published) could reduce attack dice temporarily. If so, it applies to Rage as well. In other words, the star number on the base is "attacks" but after all considerations, the number of dice that figure actually rolls is "current attacks".

From long term memory we never found a situation to test that aspect of the rule, so it never mattered. I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
'Current' attack will include any modifiers from other figure abilities, this contrasts with the 'printed' attack phrase that excludes any modifiers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bud Sinigaglio
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
Dangerous Partners is correct. If the Raging figure, say Orc Leader with a printed attack value of 6, has 2 spearmen behind him, he would have a "current attack" value of 8. If he was also on high terrain and attacking 2 figures on lower ground, he would add 2 more to his "current attack", bringing it up to 10. He could then Rage and roll 10 dice, adding one more attack per 4-6 rolled. This could theoretically be a 20 attack dice situation. There are ways to reach attack values much higher than 20, BTW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mc
United States
Dunkirk
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured it was something like that. I've been away from the game for awhile (still have it all, just haven't played much in the last few years).

It makes perfect sense, it's just that you have to infer it, the rules don't define "current" unless I missed it somewhere. As a wargamer, I'm used to the idea of printed vs. modified, but printed vs. current is pretty good too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Sciacca
United States
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the replies, guys. Bud - will miss you (again) at WBC - I found a place closer to home.
FWIW, got my lil' gaming group to agree to play again last night. Had a well fought close battle. I love this game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.