Subject: Withdrawls rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter O'Kane
United Kingdom
Whitley Bay
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
I'm currently playing the game as the British player and would like to 'Pass' and make a free withdrawl move of the stack underneath the Union Jack marker. There is a little uncertainty as to whether or not it meets the qualifying condition of: 'The friendly supply network must be reduced by at least one hex'. If I retreated to Fort Cappuzo then perhaps the Tobruk garrison could still use that line of supply and thus it would not be shortening the network. Your thoughts would be helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gone C. Profile
msg tools
I think you can't withdraw from there, because the units in Tobruk can trace supply through that hex to Fort Capuzzo, which means (under 12.6) that hex will continue to be part of your supply network.

(I think you can't say those five units will just get their supply from Tobruk, because 13.3 says an Isolated fortress can be used for Fortress Supply; Tobruk isn't Isolated, which I take to mean it can't be used for Fortress Supply.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramon Zarate
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mb
Wouldn't it depend on the amount of hexes units withdraw? If they move back two - three hexes wouldn't that remove that hex from the supply network?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gone C. Profile
msg tools
No, even if those units were gone completely, the units in Tobruk have 3 hexes of Tracks connecting them to the highway in Fort Capuzzo. (And then the unit in Acroma can chain from them.) So the units in Tobruk and Acroma would be in supply (EDIT: through that hex) even if the units under the Union Jack were gone and an Axis unit was parked in Belhamed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramon Zarate
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mb
Ah, it's track, not trail...

Tough luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O'Kane
United Kingdom
Whitley Bay
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
Thanks for your reply, Rusty, that clears it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dodd
United States
flag msg tools
I disagree -- the units in Tobruk trace supply along the coast road, not along the track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gone C. Profile
msg tools
ChrisDodd wrote:
I disagree -- the units in Tobruk trace supply along the coast road, not along the track.

kuhrusty wrote:
the units in Tobruk can trace supply through that hex to Fort Capuzzo, which means (under 12.6) that hex will continue to be part of your supply network.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.