Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with my inkjet printer, cut, and apply to some other mapboard scrounged from thrift scraps. That'd be cheap. If I wanted to do it right, I'd find some way to mount in inside a big wooden frame, with recessed areas for reinforcements and such. OF course that'd cost quite a bit of cash.

Your way would be somewhere in the middle of thse two options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephen Crane wrote:
I downloaded the alternate ancient looking map by Mattia but now what? Do i burn it to a disk and take it to Kinko's? Anyone have any experience with this type of thing? Excellent looking map btw.

OfficeMax would likely charge you about $40 for a full-size prinout, but they could do it. Otherwise, I would suggest you go with the suggestion to cut it up into 8.5"x11" chunks. Alternatively, OfficeMax or some similar place could print several 11"x17", for a little under $2 apiece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is what I did. I already had a package of full sheet sized labels (8 1/2 x 11), which if you use some of the files you can get at BGG, are almost mandatory. The backs peel off, leaving a printed page with a sticky backside.
My printer...a cheap Lexmark...lets me (under "printing preferences"), take any pdf file and expand it into 9 separate sheets. After printing and trimming the borders, I had 9 map sections about 7" x 10". I happened to have a mounted board from an old crummy golf game, that was just perfect. I peeled the backings one at a time, and carefully attached each sheet to the board...and voila! Now mind you, I used a mounted board that only has one fold in it...so the board will not fit in the box. But it still looks great. With a little inovation, I'm sure someone can figure out how to mount the map to a couple of old Trivial Pursuit boards (C'mon, no one plays that game anymore).
Nevertheless, full sized label sheets are the key component, at about $12 for 25, or 100 for nearly $40. And you'll find a ton of uses for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mahaffey
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
GAME ARTIST
badge
GAME ARTIST
mbmbmbmbmb
Print it on outdoor banner vinyl at Kinko's. 36" wide, $8-10 per square foot. Worth the investment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.