Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nushura
United States
Boston
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

For those interested to know what comes in this expansion. It basically includes 2 modules:

1-Quests, at the beginning of the game you choose how many quests you want to do (there are 5). shuffle the quest tiles, pick whatever many you selected (say 3), and shuffle their tiles with the rest of the other tiles. Essentially in order to leave the temple you must do ALL quests you chose (and remove gems, as always)

Sample quests are: sacrifice 2 die to the tile, roll a series of dice combinations, and push a ghost from the starting tile to that tile (you move the ghost by rolling 2 torches).

2-Characters: at the beginning of the game give one to each player. It is a small advantage that they get. One is permanent (say "your golden masks break 3 black skulls"), and a second is a three-use item: you flip this tile to (for example) teleport wherever another player is. After a gong sounds you can unflip your tiles and reuse them again.

I haven't played them...and they look nice additions, but a bit small for 30$/Eur. I wish they packed/priced it like the 7 Wonders - Wonder pack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André E
Germany
Oldenburg
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
www.poeppelhelden.de
badge
I play with green!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice summary, Nushura! thumbsup

And here you see what you get:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How does obelisk and tree of life work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fermin Uribetxebarria
Germany
Ravensburg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's a bit pricey.

Besides, I think the Spanish translation could be improved. I guess it was made from German, but still it could be better like the English one. Here are some points I found (my proposal in brackets):

1. Quest chamber --> Cámara de búsqueda (de misión)

2. Permanent ability --> Capacidad continua (permanente)

3. Mechanic --> Chapuzas (Mecánico/a)

4. Set-up modifications for Module 5: In the second paragraph is missing the explanation that 4 chamber tiles are mixed with the exit tile and placed on the bottom of the draw pile. (Pág.2 Baraja las cámaras de búsqueda junto con el resto, luego toma 4 cámaras y mézclalas con la camara de salida, para colocarlas en el fondo del mazo).

5. Explanation of activatable abilities: It would be nice to say that they flip the card until the NEXT countdown. (Pág.5 Después de usarla, el jugador da la vuelta a la carta y no podrá volver a utilizarla hasta el final de la SIGUIENTE cuenta atrás (sonido de la puerta cerrándose)).

AS you see, not a big deal, but nevertheless they are minor details that could improve the overall understanding of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André E
Germany
Oldenburg
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
www.poeppelhelden.de
badge
I play with green!
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
How does obelisk and tree of life work?

Tree of Life: one ore more players have to be in this room and roll twice as many golden masks as the number of players
The right one in this picture:

Obelisk chamber: if it ist dicovered, the three gem tiles have to be placed on the gem storage. To get rid of them you have to surround the Obelisk chamber with other rooms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Müller
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What happens if the obelisk chamber is the last room to be drawn? Or are quest chambers put on top of the pile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SBHD wrote:
What happens if the obelisk chamber is the last room to be drawn? Or are quest chambers put on top of the pile?

Presumably you'll still have illusions to put around it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal 2000
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the obelisk be explained in more detail please?

I dont understand it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
SBHD wrote:

Based on the rules explanation, the exit and quest tiles will be among the top cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hal 2000 wrote:
Can the obelisk be explained in more detail please?

I dont understand it.

Each time you put a tile adjacent to it, you remove(?) the obelisk for that side. Once you have placed a chamber on each side it is completed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there 2 new curse tiles? The description mentions them but I haven't seen them in the pictures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
United States
Boston
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SBHD wrote:

Quest chambers are mixed as any other tiles (so they could potentially be the last one).

The exact working of the obelisk is as follows: as soon as you draw it, place it as usual, the quest is instantly completed. However, you place 3 special gems in the gem depot. These gems can only be removed from the depot (and placed in the obelisk) when an tile is placed adjacent to the obelisk. Note that the obelisk has no entrance and no exit, so you cannot enter that tile.

So in particular, it is possible to draw it last...if so, it will be hard to exit (there will be 3 more gems), but not impossible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal 2000
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
United States
Boston
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
Are there 2 new curse tiles? The description mentions them but I haven't seen them in the pictures.

The description is not exactly up to date. There are no additional curses in this expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
SBHD wrote:

Quest chambers are mixed as any other tiles (so they could potentially be the last one).

The exact working of the obelisk is as follows: as soon as you draw it, place it as usual, the quest is instantly completed. However, you place 3 special gems in the gem depot. These gems can only be removed from the depot (and placed in the obelisk) when an tile is placed adjacent to the obelisk. Note that the obelisk has no entrance and no exit, so you cannot enter that tile.

So in particular, it is possible to draw it last...if so, it will be hard to exit (there will be 3 more gems), but not impossible.

And again, if you use illusions, returned illusions could be underneath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
This link http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/11421937#11421937
has new Setup Rules. Perhaps they aren't in the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A B
msg tools
mbmbmb
Fair enough, but what does completing the obelisk chamber conceptually represent? What does the presence of the ghost token mean, or further do, anyway? I take it one should wait to purchase the expansion?

Is it called Quest, or Quests, on the English box, anyway?

Considering which, is there a public pdf posted with the complete set of rules text for the Quest Expansion box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.