Subject: Worst card in the game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My vote goes to Monolith. Maybe in the future we'll see a card that lets you install something for free if you meet some conditions (such as the ones in Notoriety, but could be completely different). When that day comes, Monolith may be playable. But until that day, Monolith is the only card I can think of that has no use whatsoever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Yasutake
United States
Bridgeport
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmmm forceofnature.

I don't think I will ever see that hit the table at all *ever,* where as Monolith *might* in the future
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
y-bot wrote:
hmmmm forceofnature.

I don't think I will ever see that hit the table at all *ever,* where as Monolith *might* in the future

This thread is not about the future. Force of Nature has a slight chance to be played in an Anarch deck tight on influence. That deck might suck, but it wouldn't suck as badly as a deck with Monolith.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
My votes go to Aurora on the runner side and TMI on the corp side

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Compton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't believe no-one's mentioned the dreaded Salvage yet... Maybe the fact it has faded so quickly from our minds says it all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mbmbmbmbmb
Salvage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ahem, Data Dealer would like to talk to you. On the corp side, I have literally never felt a need for a research station.

EDIT: SALVAGE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Adecla
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Force of Nature is not terribad just yet. It's an adjustable code gate breaker for an Anarch. It's the same price as Yog.0. It doesn't require the help that Yog.0 needs to get past things stronger than 3 strength, it only needs cash.

It's the metagame that makes Yog.0 so much better. Tollbooth is really the only Code Gate people talk about. Yog.0's ability to punish the low-range Code Gates people are so wont to play are what makes it good. But once Datasuckers are cleared and if Ice Carver isn't on the table, it's pretty damn hard to get by a 4 or higher sized Code Gate.

You can't just throw money at an ice with Yog.0. If you have the ability to do it constantly or just when you really need it for more targeted running, Force of Nature can really help. Especially if Midori drops a Cell Portal on the table. (Midori x Akitaro sysop party time)

Edit:
TMI after a closed accounts is godlike. Either they run and you rez it, or they don't and you have a window. It's all about the NBN combos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Net Shield is completely horrible and will never ever be playable!

Oh, wait.

What I mean to say is that because we have no clue what cards will arrive when, and FFG has a track record of introducing cards that combo well with particularly those cards we thought to be rather bad in the past, threads like this one are only useful if nobody in them talks about future use and everybody restricts themselves to whether cards are playable or not right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CD Harris
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wedgeex wrote:
Salvage.

Yep, Salvage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Yasutake
United States
Bridgeport
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see the anarch deck that doesn't run with the support needed for Yog. Seeing how Yog is so good it gets splashed into other factions, I cannot imagine a deck where the anarch says "oooh, maybe I will need this to break codegates, and not crypsis."

Monolith might be terrifically hard to use, but at least it is click efficient and unique, which is more then what can be said for Force of Nature.

Salvage might be the worst corp card in the game, but at least it *might* be *okay* in a very specific circumstance: When you are rich, the runner is afraid of tags, and the runner does not run with Yog or Parasite (honestly though, IMO if they parasite your salvage, your salvage did it's job). Salvage is the only way to get multiple tag traces off, which is unique and could be scary. Even if the odds of it being useful are 100 to 1, I would still prefer it in my deck than Force of Nature.

(Research Station is totally worthless, I can't argue with that)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To all you Monolith advocates: Play it as your console. I dare you. I double dare you. Then post the results. Then use the other cards mentioned here and post the results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Salvage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Monolith is quite terrible. Salvage is quite terrible, as is Data Dealer, Tyrant, etc.

But I think maybe Cerebral Imaging is the worst. For all the others, you can leave it in your hand and then it doesnt hurt you more than a lost draw. But Cerebral Imaging forces its disadvantage upon you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
To all you Monolith advocates: Play it as your console. I dare you. I double dare you. Then post the results. Then use the other cards mentioned here and post the results.

I haven't seen any Monolith "advocates" in this thread yet. Just a bunch of people telling you that Salvage is way worse than Monolith (which it is).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Owens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Case for Salvage being worse than Monolith and even Cerebral Imaging.

People are going to try and make Monolith and Cerebral Imaging work. They're going to try and squeeze juice out of those lemons.

No one has given Salvage even a chance to do something (not seriously, anyway).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
Yes Monolith is quite terrible. Salvage is quite terrible, as is Data Dealer, Tyrant, etc.

But I think maybe Cerebral Imaging is the worst. For all the others, you can leave it in your hand and then it doesnt hurt you more than a lost draw. But Cerebral Imaging forces its disadvantage upon you.

I've seen a Noise deck that absolutely DESTROYS using Data Dealer, so it has its place. Cerebral imaging will have its place too in the right deck. Risky cards aren't necessarily bad cards if you mitigate the risk with other cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm inclined to think that Cerebral Imaging is nothing but downside, and the worst card, but hold out some fraction of hope for it in some weird context.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter McCormick
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Winner

Runner: Inti
Corp: Salvage

Runner Ups

Runner: Net Shield
Corp: Tyrant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jamet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Burke Bugs better than Salvage because it costs 0 to rez ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pyjam wrote:
Is Burke Bugs better than Salvage because it costs 0 to rez ?

That, and it actually DOES SOMETHING the first time the runner encounters it.

edit: Yes, Amazon Industrial, Priority Req., Beta Test can change that. The card is still way under-powered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
I actually managed to trash an early Medium with bugs on R&D or Sneakdoor with bugs on archives once every blue moon. Salvage probably never works ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Burke Bugs is at least Security Subcontractable, and on archives can often be used to snipe sneakdoor. In NBN its also amusing on R&D If the runner does a vamp and doesn't think you'll be able to put up any resistance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Townsend
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a Monolith advocate

Worst Corporation: Salvage
Worst Runner: Force of Nature
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rayne Smith
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monolith sucks, but it is not the worst card in the game.

It's a hard choice for me between data Dealer or Salvage. I think I'm going to have to pick Salvage, at least Data Dealer has future potential if we ever see 0 point agendas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.