Popular Tags: [View All]
Frock Lobster
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules specify a set seating order for the characters. Would it make a big difference if you were to randomize initial seating?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willie Illie
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posit that the rules-specified order (with weaker characters in the far front and far back) improves balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frock Lobster
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
illest503 wrote:
I posit that the rules-specified order (with weaker characters in the far front and far back) improves balance.

That's what I'd assume, and you can see how having The Kid end up in the middle somewhere, for instance, probably wouldn't work out that well for that player, but was just curious if people have tried it randomly without too many balance issues...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The weakest character starts in the strongest position intentionally to give more impetus to others to target that space. Lady Lauren is in the front for a similar reason. I felt Frenchy's defensive power was a little stronger so I put him in the worst spot on the boat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.