Subject: ANR Beginner's OCTGN Tourney: Now Looking for Players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D Tse
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi all! SO i think the critical mass is just about right now for a tournament for beginners. And following on from the success of the invitational I think it might be nice for us beginners to get a chance to play against similarly skilled individuals and put all that new found knowledge to the test!

So I am putting a call out for all people who are beginners in the game, to take part. Depending on number of people, we will run either just straight elimination, or maybe a round robin then playoffs or something. The rules of tournament will be much simpler than ANR tournament rules (cause i cant understand them!).

So if your a beginner, please respond here with your email address, or geekmail me your email and i'll start gathering names. Also I'll need your OCTGN name.

This tournament will be on OCTGN and all matches will be casted with commentary. So if you dont have OCTGN, get it! and if you don't want to be casted, then...well...sorry, don't sign up!

I'll give people 1 week to reply and then we will start organizing. Games should take place evenings EST time zone.

I am also looking for 1-2 willing casters to join myself in commentating the games. Keep in mind the tournament is for beginners, so you can surmise the type of commentary we will be needing.

Thanks! Hopefully this gets going!

Darren
aka dimsumdarren
http://boardgamegeek.com/blog/2425/easy-mark-netrunner-for-b...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TK Number 3
Canada
Edmonton
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: ANR Beginner's Tourney: Now Looking for Players
You may want to emphasize that this will be an OCTGN tourney. New players may not be familiar with the ability to play Netrunner online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
Re: ANR Beginner's Tourney: Now Looking for Players
I'd be interested in trying my hand at casting. But I guess we'd have timezone issues.

Anyway, I wish your endeavour best of luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Tse
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TKNumber3 wrote:
You may want to emphasize that this will be an OCTGN tourney. New players may not be familiar with the ability to play Netrunner online.

thanks! Edited!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger S.
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you define beginner?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Tse
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha was just asked this. Obviously I can't. Beginners generally know who they are. Someone asked me if you can rate it in terms of number of games. Well no. But if you played less than 15 games then for sure. 25? Sure. 50? Don't know. Depends how good a learner you are haha. I'm sure some people could play 100 games and not learn a thing and some people pick it up fast.

S sorry don't have a definition. I just don't want any "experts" coming in and beating everyone. That's the spirit of the tournament.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremie Miller
msg tools
I would be interested in this. I have the game, but haven't actually played anyone yet, and have been holding back from OCTGN because of worries about understanding the game and trying to work the platform at the same time.

With that said I am on vacation for 3 weeks, so I might miss this, but I am interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Can I join? devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Tse
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
join up!

not you lysander!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played three to five games a week for the past three months, and still feel like a newb. Does that count?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Tse
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
only you can tell Nate!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bialecki
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet. This is perfect. I only play with a single friend on OCTGN, because I'm too intimidated to play anybody else, so I'm definitely in. I'll geekmail you my email address.

Edit: My OCTGN name is drdna

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Speers
United States
Liberty Lake
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to give it a go. Haven't played a game yet but want to get more people in my group interested.

My OCTGN username is calvinhobbes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Tse
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spaceman spiff!!! awesome

anyway spaceman, geekmail me your email address

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Weirich
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in! Will geek mail you. I have played about 4 octgn games and a handful of live games, so I'm definitely a beginner.

I'm going to make some fun decks for this! I assume all current data packs (first cycle only, not C&C) are allowed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Tse
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was gonna post next week about decks and rules etc. but yea will be everything up to but not including C&C

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward K.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in the EST time zone so I would love to cast with you. I really want to get involved deeply with the netrunner community, I might be a decent player but I would love to help others.

So let me know in this thread or over send me a message if you want to meet up at some point and talk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Tse
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
geekmail me Jage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, I may get in on this. I've only played maybe 6-8 games in person, and only played against myself in OCTGN. It's a bit intimidating to join games there since you kinda need to know how to use the interface and what you can or cannot do automatically.

And playing ANR yourself isn't all that great when you take away all the bluffing and mystery...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hawks
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be able to help with commentary. I consider myself a high level player, but it might be good to get an experienced players perspective on the games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Tse
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LV, join in!

and banjo, your experienced commentary would be awesome. both be sure to geekmail me your details

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mbialeck wrote:
Sweet. This is perfect. I only play with a single friend on OCTGN, because I'm too intimidated to play anybody else, so I'm definitely in. I'll geekmail you my email address.

Edit: My OCTGN name is drdna

Haha that's pretty much me, all I play these days is a weekly game of LOTR with bullgator.

I'm very keen but I don't think I could play at the right hour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Tse
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im sure there will be people who are flexible on time and we got plenty of casters so just send me your details and we will see!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Putnam
United States
Lowell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely interested in this. Sounds like a good way to learn the game and get acquainted with octgn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.