CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
If they didn't break any laws, how is this voter fraud? Sounds like the law is the problem, not the voters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank goodness we've got BJ looking out for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
If they didn't break any laws, how is this voter fraud? Sounds like the law is the problem, not the voters.

Who says they didn't? They're under investigation now.

Are they? The article you quoted just says that the state GOP requested they be investigate not that they were being investigate. If states investigated every example of right wing paranoia there would be no lawyers left to preside over their divorce cases and bankruptcy trials.

By the way, here is an interesting quote:

"According to the Secretary of State's Office, the law allows a pretty wide interpretation of who's eligible to vote. Deputy Secretary of State Dave Scanlan said that in theory, a person could move into the state a day before an election, establish domicile in the state, vote and then leave the next day."

Sounds like one more example of much ado about nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Who says they didn't? They're under investigation now.

Oh, well you made it sound like they did break the law. This is just wishful thinking thread, like the whole IRS targeting the tea party debacle.

OK, carry on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
This time, it's Joe Biden's niece being aided and abetted by a Democrat state senator from New Hampshire. I'm sure this is imaginary though.

Quote:
CONCORD -- The state Republican Party Wednesday asked the attorney general to investigate allegations of voter fraud, charging that a Democratic state senator boarded five people at her home who worked on campaigns, voted in the state, and then quickly moved out of state.

The GOP also cited reports that Alana Biden, the niece of Vice President Joseph Biden, worked in the state last year, voted in Manchester on election day and then left the state for New York.

I'm sure this doesn't really happen very often though, so we should just ignore the ineligible voters. It's probably racist of me to even suggest that Alana Biden should actually vote in the state she lives in rather than New Hampshire.

As usual, this will end with someone pointing out to you that five fraudulent votes out of millions is pretty meaningless, while you insist that it's a world-shaking conspiracy, and no one will learn anything or change anyone's mind. Can we skip to the part where Tripp brings up Obama, W, and calls everyone retarded?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
This time, it's Joe Biden's niece being aided and abetted by a Democrat state senator from New Hampshire. I'm sure this is imaginary though.

Quote:
CONCORD -- The state Republican Party Wednesday asked the attorney general to investigate allegations of voter fraud, charging that a Democratic state senator boarded five people at her home who worked on campaigns, voted in the state, and then quickly moved out of state.

The GOP also cited reports that Alana Biden, the niece of Vice President Joseph Biden, worked in the state last year, voted in Manchester on election day and then left the state for New York.

I'm sure this doesn't really happen very often though, so we should just ignore the ineligible voters. It's probably racist of me to even suggest that Alana Biden should actually vote in the state she lives in rather than New Hampshire.

As usual, this will end with someone pointing out to you that five fraudulent votes out of millions is pretty meaningless, while you insist that it's a world-shaking conspiracy, and no one will learn anything or change anyone's mind. Can we skip to the part where Tripp brings up Obama, W, and calls everyone retarded?

Did you forget the voterID would solve everything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

Quote:

Well, at least we know that if those five people had been required to show photo ID, none of this would have happened.

Wait....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
Did you forget the voterID would solve everything?

Unless, of course, it's a college ID or a public worker's ID or a public assistance ID in North Carolina, because those are bad IDs who are mostly used by the wrong types of people, apparently. Also bad: early voting, voter pre-registration for 16 and 17 year olds, and extending voting time by an hour in response to extraordinary circumstances like long lineups to vote. Also provisional voting if you show up at the wrong precinct. Also paid voter registration drives. Also straight-ticket voting. Also same-day voter registration.

But this will end BJ's longstanding nightmare of voter fraud! Where "nightmare" is defined as "something that happens in your dreams and is not real."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
It's so widespread that even the VP's family engages in it.

As usual you're pretending that "exists at all" is a substitute for "meaningful and impactful," which is also why you purchase insurance against shark attacks and lightning strikes. After all, some people do die from shark attacks and lightning strikes; therefore it is only sensible for you to purchase shark attack/lightning strike insurance. Really, it's spending money if you don't do it, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
mightygodking wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

As usual you're pretending that "exists at all" is a substitute for "meaningful and impactful," which is also why you purchase insurance against shark attacks and lightning strikes. After all, some people do die from shark attacks and lightning strikes; therefore it is only sensible for you to purchase shark attack/lightning strike insurance. Really, it's spending money if you don't do it, right?

Shark attacks and lightning strikes have never resulted in a multi-trillion dollar mess of a health care bill becoming law. Ineligible voting here did.

Only if your laps of logic make a Truther look intellectually honest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
whac3 wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
mightygodking wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

Shark attacks and lightning strikes have never resulted in a multi-trillion dollar mess of a health care bill becoming law. Ineligible voting here did.

You're calling Chad intellectually dishonest? You might recall that he and Ken came around to agreeing with that assessment after several pages.

I was on that thread too and they only partially came round to agreeing with you. You made your case OBLY if one accepted some highly dubious premises.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
whac3 wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
whac3 wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
mightygodking wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

You're calling Chad intellectually dishonest? You might recall that he and Ken came around to agreeing with that assessment after several pages.

I was on that thread too and they only partially came round to agreeing with you. You made your case OBLY if one accepted some highly dubious premises.

No, there weren't any highly dubious premises. You were on that thread, you were wrong then and couldn't admit it. You still can't admit it now. It's sad Moshe. You're the one being intellectually dishonest here.

Why? Because I don't buy a political party specific bill of goods about which you ignore fundamental questions and issues? Give me a break.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
whac3 wrote:

Why? Because I don't buy a political party specific bill of goods about which you ignore fundamental questions and issues? Give me a break.

No, because you ignore basic, undeniable facts about the issue that have been repeatedly explained to you in simple terms.

BJ;

You've not explained basic facts. You've put spin on various data. I know what constitutes proof and what doesn't, and I know a valid chain of concrete logic. Professionally I have to. You've not come close. If the facts were as clear cut as you pretend, the courts' reactions to them would have been far different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Can we skip to the part where Tripp brings up Obama, W, and calls everyone retarded?

Please. That is truly the best part of RSP and why I keep coming here.

He's like if Ann Coulter sired Hunter Thompson's child.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I actually read the article. It looks like everything was legal on the surface You may not *like* that it was legal, but it was. Change the laws if you don't like them.

OTOH Reps should love these laws. Why don't the Koch Brothers just shake out their couch cushions and buy 1 million houses or so in each state then shuttle people from state to state to take advantage of the loophole? It'd be more cost effective than actually backing the clown candidates they've put up lately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Conflicting evidence, or the lack of evidence, is just further proof of the conspiracy, Moshe.

Sheesh. Don't start getting all facty on us now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's not illegal it's not fraud, but if they are moving in registering to vote and moving out again it should be illegal. In how many states is it illegal to vote if you have only lives there for a few weeks either side of an election?

Also how would you stop this short of saying that someone has to be resident for X amount of time before they can vote?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a real problem with them voting where they lived at the time, as long as they didn't vote in their actual homes also.

It would be interesting to see if it became cheaper to hire people to live somewhere for a day to vote rather than spending on advertising. (And think how much nicer it would be with no advertising.)

I can see a game coming out of this....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.