prashant Maheshwari
India
Mumbai
Mahrashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Stalwart reads

You gain +2 health
When you are defeated , you may immediately move up to your speed and perform an attack with a Melee weapon. After the attack is resolved , you are knocked out

With the ability of knight to use Stalwart ,if he manages to reach dragon heart , how can you possibility defeat heroes , like clock work , I killed him , he spawns back and attacks dragon heart , in his chance he stands up , I either let him live/and then he attacks again or I kill him and he dies and attacks again !

Using Ettins , I could hope he fails for might (his stat is 5)

Besides stalling knights' progress aggressively what other way to stop heroes ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
With the Knight going for the Dragon Heart, Ruin should have an easy time getting across the bridge. Stop the heroes up on the south end of the map, and it won't even matter if they take out the Dragon Heart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
prashant Maheshwari
India
Mumbai
Mahrashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The problem being with every hit the rune also goes back one space , 3 of my heroes concentrated on hitting the dragon heart adding to my problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps you misread the special rules. The DragonHeart takes one hit and it's gone.

Descent 2nd Edition Quest Guide, Page 20, Special Rules, Dragonheart wrote:
The objective token is the Dragonheart. A character may attack the Dragonheart as if it were a monster figure (with no defense dice rolled). As long as the attack is not a miss, Ruin suffers 2 [Heart] per hero and moves back 1 space. The Dragonheart is then destroyed and removed from the map.

Emphasis mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
prashant Maheshwari
India
Mumbai
Mahrashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
Perhaps you misread the special rules. The DragonHeart takes one hit and it's gone.

Descent 2nd Edition Quest Guide, Page 20, Special Rules, Dragonheart wrote:
The objective token is the Dragonheart. A character may attack the Dragonheart as if it were a monster figure (with no defense dice rolled). As long as the attack is not a miss, Ruin suffers 2 [Heart] per hero and moves back 1 space. The Dragonheart is then destroyed and removed from the map.

Emphasis mine.

OMG , damn heroes !! They didn't listen to me.

Right Way
So if I m playing with 4 heroes , when the dragonheart is attacked, rune takes 8 hits and moves one space back. Then heroes need to kill rune directly then !!

What we did

DAMMIT !!!

They kept attacking dragonheart shake , and once 16 hits were dealt to the dragonheart ,they pronounced themselves the winner

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
The devil is in details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.