Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Quintious .
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the subject line sounds stupid, but I'm legitimately wondering if it's possible. The first copy I bought (Amazon) had all the pieces, but some of the cardboard was falling apart - appears to have gotten banged around a bunch and came out of the punchboard in shipping.

So I sent it back for a replacement. And the one I got sent was missing the meeples for one of the players. And a bunch of the cardboard bits had come loose from the punchouts and were kind of dinged up.

So I sent that back for a replacement, and there was no deck.

So I sent that back for a replacement, and it's missing meeples AND the bits are banged up as bad as the first one.

Is there no quality control for this particular game at Z-Man? First game I've ever had these problems with. Is this a known issue by which I should just reach out to Z-Man directly for replacement bits?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
My copy was from Amazon (about 2 months ago) and was fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy is fine. Sorry about your experiences, that must be frustrating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Doles
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a copy in a game store a few months ago and all the pieces were included and in good condition. In fact I even counted everything and realized that there was 1 extra for each of the small resource pieces than what was indicated in the manual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought mine at an FLGS last year and it was fine.

How damaged was the first copy? I've had games where cardboard bits came out of the punchboard in shipping before, but none where they seemed to have gotten damaged rattling around loose like that-- mostly just made it a pain to verify everything was present.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy was missing some cards, I just emailed Z-man and got the missing ones by mail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Kerrison
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy was fine, got it from IGUK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Matthews
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my copy and it seems to be in great shape; some of the cardboard bits had fallen out of the boards but I see that in many games.

Then again I'm a cube hater so I didn't examine them carefully or even count my cubes since I'll be replacing them as soon as possible with more thematic bits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy was from iguk and tip top

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quintious .
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, I guess I'm just really unlucky on this front.

The damage on the first one had to do with some of the larger markers. The corners of them were completely separated layer by layer, and it was frayed that way for a good 3/8 of an inch into the pieces. It was like they had gotten wet or something and the glue was undone, except everything was dry.

Just struck me as odd, because every other game I've ever gotten from Z-Man (Agricola, Pandemic, Earth Reborn, Primordial Soup, Alcatraz, Atlantis Rising, et al) have always been perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Do you always have to send the WHOLE game back?
Cant they just send you the missing/damaged pieces?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived with damaged pieces from tearing loose from the cardboard sheets. I asked for replacements for the two damaged tiles and got sent two bags full of all the tiles for Dungeon Lords! I don't own Dungeon Lords. Anyway, no further response to any of my follow-up emails, now several months on. The damage isn't too bad, and mostly fixed with some glue, so I'm not that bothered...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Yoder
United States
Middleton
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Protip: if the outside of the box is messed up, return it to Amazon. If the inside stuff is messed up, like a missing set of meeples, ask Z-man for a replacement directly.

*I gone done some editing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Hayes
United States
Austin
NE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try to avoid Zman "customer service" since it doesn't exist. If the interior contents are fine, enjoy. Otherwise, good luck. I'm at 5 months waiting for a misprinted Pandemic board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Winfrey
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crackula wrote:
Try to avoid Zman "customer service" since it doesn't exist. If the interior contents are fine, enjoy. Otherwise, good luck. I'm at 5 months waiting for a misprinted Pandemic board.

There's a thread about this. The TL:R is that a lot of people are reporting serious quality control issues with Z-Man. Zev is no longer involved with that aspect of the business, and Filosofia seems to be screwing things up royally. Clash of Cultures apparently started weeping yellow dye about a year after purchase. Looks like inept Chinese production, and inept oversight of said production...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Hayes
United States
Austin
NE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a related note, I just bought Dungeon Petz because I'm weak, stupid and my principles mean nothing. Got it from Amazon, some bits were falling out of cardboard but that seemed to be from good cutting more than anything. It was totally complete. I still hate myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Crackula wrote:
On a related note, I just bought Dungeon Petz because I'm weak, stupid and my principles mean nothing. Got it from Amazon, some bits were falling out of cardboard but that seemed to be from good cutting more than anything. It was totally complete. I still hate myself.

It's a good game, no need to feel so bad about it. It's never my first choice on a game day, but it is weirdly popular with some non-gamers like my wife, so I don't regret buying it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.