Summoner Wars: Master Set» Forums » General

Subject: Custom insert for the Master Set box. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyson Wozniak
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I picked this up very recently and love the game. However I was REALLY disappointed when I opened the the box and saw that they no longer include a good insert to sort the decks of cards. It was just a flimsy folded piece of cardboard(much like a lot of FF game inserts). So I ripped it out and Made my own.

Right now it holds just the base game but there is room for 4 more decks. And if I end up getting more than that I can easily take out the black foam pieces and add a small piece of foam board to make the cards go in horizontally instead of vertically and that would double my slots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They no longer include the insert? Bummer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson Wozniak
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah. My thoughts exactly when I opened up the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Really sad they got rid of the old box. I assume to save some cost.

You did a great job on this.

This is what I did with the first edition box-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That could be, but it was also to reduce the box to a more standard size, which I appreciate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian O'Toole
Australia
Queens Park
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the first edition insert and find it troublesome. I still need to stack factions on top of each other (I have them all), and cannot store or transport the box on its side. I've considered just bagging each deck and getting rid of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found that a simple 3x5 card folded in half makes an effective divider, allowing me to house at least 3 factions per well in the original insert (I think 4 factions per well would fit, but not with the SO). I fold an index card and put it in the bottom of the well (so it makes pulling out the bottom faction easier, then place a faction, then another folded index card, then the next faction. I created labels similar to the pic above so every well indicates which factions it contains.

Yeah, certainly can't store it on its side, but so far I have fit all the original factions, all the reinforcements except Saella's Precision, and one deck of 2nd summoners. I think I would be able to fit at least 8 2nd summoner decks and Saella's precision before I run out of room. This also includes a ton of dice & wounds in the top central well and the premium board and two paper boards on top.

Edit: I've now gotten 3 2nd summoners and I am certain I can fit 4 factions per well except for the one containing the Swamp Orcs (due to the vine walls). So if you don't get a lot of reinforcement packs but just buy full decks, you will be able to fit all 32 decks in the original Master Set insert using the method I outlined above (4 decks per well, separated by a folded index card).

If you get the mercs and all reinforcements published to date, they will fill the top two wells to either side of the square well for dice/tokens, meaning you will probably only be able to fit ~28-30 decks in the other wells (depending on how many of the 2nd summoners have significant extra cards like the vine walls).

This is all unsleeved. Sleeving probably close to doubles the thickness of a deck so your options will be severely limited in that case and you'll want some other solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sutphen
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here ya go! Prob solved!

http://go7gaming.com/summoner-wars-insert/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.