Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So as GenCon 2013 approaches, I remembered that I had purchased two games from the clearance area in the auction hall at last year's con. They were both Knizia games at cheap prices. I purchased Cthulhu Rising and this. I started to feel some guilt at the fact that I hadn't played either of them yet. So, armed with fresh guilt, I dragged my 11-year-old son to the gaming table to rob graves on this fine Thursday afternoon.

I'm really glad I did. This isn't the deepest game in the world, but it's a lot of fun. It plays quickly, and after about 2 rounds, the strategy and nuance begin to become apparent. It's at heart a semi-blind auction game, but there's enough going on to keep it interesting. I won the first game by a single buck, but my son immediately asked for a second game. In that game, he smoked me. He had a couple of incredibly smart plays, including some very prudent uses of the guard cards.

I'm really glad that I was shamed into trying this, because now I'm confident this will get a lot more plays. I imagine it could get even more interesting with more players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.