Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
32 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Android: Netrunner – Creation and Control» Forums » General

Subject: Three copies each? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And I mean *each*, every card, including identities and whatnot. Website mentions unique cards and neutral cards, so I'd believe it's everything, but just doublechecking here.

Can someone, who already has it, confirm?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
rattkin wrote:
And I mean *each*, every card, including identities and whatnot. Website mentions unique cards and neutral cards, so I'd believe it's everything, but just doublechecking here.

Can someone, who already has it, confirm?

I was curious about this too. I have "grown" to like the 3 copies of identity cards (even though that cheats us out of a couple cards) in the Data Packs because now I can sleeve identities double-sided.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
And I mean *each*, every card, including identities and whatnot. Website mentions unique cards and neutral cards, so I'd believe it's everything, but just doublechecking here.

Can someone, who already has it, confirm?

Confirmed. There are three of every card, including identities and Director Haas' Pet Project.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Superb. Thank you!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so confused. Is this a or not?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
I'm so confused. Is this a or not?

Well since the mods have lost what sense of humor they once had drinking can now get you banned for trolling.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
I'm so confused. Is this a or not?


I take every possible opportunity to .
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
Asmor wrote:
I'm so confused. Is this a or not?

Well since the mods have lost what sense of humor they once had drinking can now get you banned for trolling.

People are really getting admonished for that now?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
Asmor wrote:
I'm so confused. Is this a or not?

Well since the mods have lost what sense of humor they once had drinking can now get you banned for trolling.


Really? I'm subscribed to the Netrunner family, and I haven't seen anything about this...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
corkysru wrote:
Asmor wrote:
I'm so confused. Is this a or not?

Well since the mods have lost what sense of humor they once had drinking can now get you banned for trolling.


Really? I'm subscribed to the Netrunner family, and I haven't seen anything about this...

I've gotten to the point where if I see a post from a new user asking a question in earnest, and the first reply is just "" with no explanation, I click the little red square with the white X (a reply with an actual answer followed by "Also, lololol" doesn't get this response because they at least helped first, though I still find it annoying).
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, not to mention the fact, that this question *actually* makes sense.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
Avatar
mb
Asmor wrote:
I'm so confused. Is this a or not?

What is the origin of this? And what is the meaning?

I apparently live a cloistered life.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BBG folks have a drinking game whenever someone asks either silly or constantly repeating question. "Why is there 3 identities each in data packs?" is one of these. Not sure why this one got as "candidate" as it's actually a valid question noone asked before
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
rattkin wrote:
BBG folks have a drinking game whenever someone asks either silly or constantly repeating question. "Why is there 3 identities each in data packs?" is one of these. Not sure why this one got as "candidate" as it's actually a valid question noone asked before

Exactly. I don't know that it has been asked which is why I was curious. the data packs "make sense" since it had been asked numerous times, and "makes sense" in terms of production why they went with 3 of each card across the board (though other LCG's don't do this).

This was a legit question given that it is the first deluxe expansion and FFG may have ditched their "3 of everything" printing, like they did with the core sets.

While I agree the drinking game might be a fun diversion, I do find it extremely rude, especially to new people who wander onto this site. I answer tons of rule questions across many games and the majority of those are repeats upon repeats. While some people are bothered by it, none are as obnoxious as the users in this game. Very disappointing and I hope the admins crack down even more on it.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Skylar114 wrote:
I've gotten to the point where if I see a post from a new user asking a question in earnest, and the first reply is just "" with no explanation, I click the little red square with the white X

Links can be embedded in tankards, e.g. .
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
astroglide wrote:
Skylar114 wrote:
I've gotten to the point where if I see a post from a new user asking a question in earnest, and the first reply is just "" with no explanation, I click the little red square with the white X

Links can be embedded in tankards, e.g. .

They can be, but none in this thread are at this time (except the one you just did).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:
Asmor wrote:
I'm so confused. Is this a or not?

What is the origin of this? And what is the meaning?

I apparently live a cloistered life.


If means they're being rude rather than answer you or link you elsewhere Jonathan.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
astroglide wrote:
Skylar114 wrote:
I've gotten to the point where if I see a post from a new user asking a question in earnest, and the first reply is just "" with no explanation, I click the little red square with the white X

Links can be embedded in tankards, e.g. .


Thing is, I've never used that emoticon, nor did I know it served that function. I bet quite a few other people don't know that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Skylar114 wrote:
rattkin wrote:
And I mean *each*, every card, including identities and whatnot. Website mentions unique cards and neutral cards, so I'd believe it's everything, but just doublechecking here.

Can someone, who already has it, confirm?

Confirmed. There are three of every card, including identities and Director Haas' Pet Project.


I understand, in a way, why they include 3 of each identity. I had hoped, however, that they would have reduced them in the deluxe expansions.

They can do it. They do it with LotR all the time. Oh well, they've got me and it's not like it will stop me from buying anyway
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
BBG folks have a drinking game whenever someone asks either silly or constantly repeating question. "Why is there 3 identities each in data packs?" is one of these. Not sure why this one got as "candidate" as it's actually a valid question noone asked before

The question may not have been asked but the answer is out there in just about EVERY LCG expansion in the past few years. 3 copies of a card. Spend 2 minutes do some research instead of making a new thread about it.

Or just do the math from the description of the expansion.

Either way. Put forth some effort instead of expecting others to do it for you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
They can be, but none in this thread are at this time (except the one you just did).

Sure. I'm just pointing out that, in threads, a "with no explanation" might actually feature an explanation. I've embedded links in emoticons, outside of this thread.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
corkysru wrote:
The question may not have been asked but the answer is out there in just about EVERY LCG expansion in the past few years. 3 copies of a card. Spend 2 minutes do some research instead of making a new thread about it.

Or just do the math from the description of the expansion.

Either way. Put forth some effort instead of expecting others to do it for you.

But its not EVERY LCG. LOTR doesn't do it this way. Of cards you only need 1 of, they provide exactly 1 of. So there are exceptions and with this being the first of the deluxe A:NR expansions, it was possible this was an exception too.

I am not aware of any confirmation from FFG before this thread that they wouldn't drop the identities down to a single card. You can't simply do the math if you don't know how many identities are in there, or how many "limited to one" type cards. They could have easily done 2 single identities and 1 single Director Haas to give a "set of 3" to keep the math divisible.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
But its not EVERY LCG. LOTR doesn't do it this way. Of cards you only need 1 of, they provide exactly 1 of. So there are exceptions and with this being the first of the deluxe A:NR expansions, it was possible this was an exception too.

LotR is a mix. The heroes are 1 per pack/box, however they do include 3 of the "limit 1 per deck" cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
roborob wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
But its not EVERY LCG. LOTR doesn't do it this way. Of cards you only need 1 of, they provide exactly 1 of. So there are exceptions and with this being the first of the deluxe A:NR expansions, it was possible this was an exception too.

LotR is a mix. The heroes are 1 per pack/box, however they do include 3 of the "limit 1 per deck" cards.

The point is they have the ability to provide less than 3. "1 per deck" is a different concept in LOTR as each player can have their own deck with these cards; the game is naturally set up to have more than one deck at a time.

In A:NR, only one player has access to one side so more than 1 of "1 per deck" is more odd.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
astroglide wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
They can be, but none in this thread are at this time (except the one you just did).

Sure. I'm just pointing out that, in threads, a "with no explanation" might actually feature an explanation. I've embedded links in emoticons, outside of this thread.

I'd still be tempted to flag it, because unless you stated "Here, I put a link to the answer in this tankard", then a user (especially a new user likely to be asking basic questions) probably wouldn't know that you put the link there.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.