tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ries
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gen Con and Worlds just got that much more interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean johnson
United States
Edinburgh
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it is worth here are my thoughts:

Wurrzag: Maybe I have not seen the full horrors of Wurrzag, but I do not see the need to restrict him. I feel like the burn three zones restriction was more than enough of a weakness.

Unending Horde: Restricting this one makes sense to me. Nearly all orc decks are going to have some small units, and this makes a very powerful card in nearly all orc decks.

Pleasure Cults: I think making pleasure cults unique may have been a better move than restricting it. This card is one of the main and the most effective defense the dark elves have, so that it made easy to include in a variety of decks.

End Times: This one is odd to me. Maybe there is an end times deck that dominates that I do not know about. This is a strong card and it does things different than most cards, but I am not sure why it is restricted. Being neutral it can fit in any deck anyway, and I do not particularly think paring it with any other restricted card creates a devastating combo.

Snotling Invasion: Making this card unique is a big mis-step in my opinion, and the card does not warrant being dealt with in this way. Making it limited would have been enough, by making it unique the card can only effect one zone ever, unless the invaded player takes the time to quest and clear it out.

Convocation of Eagles: This card being limited makes sense.

Fists of Mork: I wish I was smart enough to create the deck that abused this card, because I think I would have enjoyed it. I can see why this is limited now though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Squig
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
It's from a movie.
mbmbmbmb
I'm an unapologetic proponent of banning End Times.

The brutal thing that Wurrzag still lets you do is attack and play Troll Vomit for free. You can't then put all your guys on the Unending Horde, but that sweet little trick can save a deck running the 'Zag man if the opponent has a lot of units. Say, a whole Brayherd full of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Daulton
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boo more restrictions that mess with my decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben E
United Kingdom
Irthlingborough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think restricting pleasure cults is probably the harshest decision here. Dark elves struggle to defend and whenever they are given something good it gets restricted.

I agree that pleasure cults should be unique though. Maybe the designers felt they were seeing it in every single dark elf deck so decided to change up the meta a bit?

Not sure why endtimes is restricted. I've not really seen many end times decks that work particularly well or reliably.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shore
United States
Georgetown
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think they restricted end times and pleasure cults because of their interactions. I put 1 or 2 pleasure cults in a couple of your zones and then end times and all your guy come into play corrupted so I can swing for burn.

If I am correct making it limited would have been a better move, especially considering end times is already limited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zirconicus King
msg tools
Sigh my orc rush is destroyed snotling unique boooooooooooooooooooo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.