Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've started really enjoying watching web shows. Not TV shows that you can also catch via streaming (go to the TV thread for that). But shows that are mostly on YouTube, and episodes tend to be 5-10min.

So here are the list of ones I've watched and enjoyed (or if I didn't I'll mention that too).

If you've followed the Chit-Chat thread for any period of time you'll know I adore The Lizzie Bennet Diaries. It is a modernized vlog style telling of the story of Pride and Prejudice. It is finished now with over 100 episodes. (If you count the spin off channels which I think you should for the complete story)

As a former world of warcraft player, how can I not have watched and enjoyed The Guild (Link is for Season 1) there are 6 Seasons.

Through the Geek and Sundry Channel I found Space Janitors. A very well done, funny show. Especially if you like Star Wars. They just finished their second season.

I'm not in to DnD, but I have enough Geek cred to know the basics enough to enjoy Standard Action. It is a kind of, what if our DnD characters were real. So you never see the Role Players, just the Characters, but they live in a world where questing for loot, and leveling up are a real thing. They just finished a Kickstarter to do a third season.

Just today I found a crazy new series called Job Hunters. It sounds really dull, but it is actually kind of like Hunger Games meets Big Brother. Very funny, and odd at the same time. Looks like they are working on a Season 2.

And if you want to just laugh your but off, you have to check out Convo's with a 2-Year Old. This guy takes real conversations he has with his 2-year old (Coco) and then reenacts them with another gown man. SO funny! This one JUST finished season 1 this week. Hope they keep doing it.

Another I stumbled upon based on one of the actors from LBD being involved and talking about it was Hipsterhood. I'm not a hipster, nor do I really know anybody that is or the culture in general, but it was still well done and very cute.

----

So if you have any that you enjoy and want to share please do. I tried to always link to the playlist of season 1 (if there was more than one season).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was watching this one, about hundreds of people in rooms in a game, and it was really interesting, but then I forgot about it.

there was like, an earthquake or something, and they were cut off from the outside world, killing hte "game" aspect thing of it, and then one of the characters died, and I just kinda forgot about it. I should find it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tabletop, obviously.

My wife loves My Drunk Kitchen and Epic Meal Time.

I watch DBZ Abridged and Yu Gi Oh Abridged regularly. Honest Trailers and Everything Wrong With as well.

Occasionally I pop in on Death Battle, AVGN, Marvel/DC, Epic Rap Battles Of History; they're hit-and-miss but there's some funny stuff in there.

Oh, and There WIll Be Brawl was pretty amazing.

Warning, many of these contain swearing and/or violence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't followed any web video content for a while. When I did I used to watch Kids React (and then Teens React, Elders React and Youtubers React), and Laina(aka Overly Attached Girlfriend)'s channel. The React videos are pretty awesome, funny, and interesting. As for Laina, it can be hit or miss, but she's a pretty funny person on camera.

If you understand Portuguese, I also follow a comedy sketch group online, called Porta dos Fundos(Backdoor). They have a channel aimed specifically at English speakers. They have some stuff that's hilarious everytime, and some stuff that's hit or miss.

5 Second Films has a lot of hit or miss stuff.

Also, Neil's Puppet Dreams is hilarious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also way behind on Tabletop.
I saw some loose Epic Rap Battles of History, and they do have some great stuff. I love Bill Gates vs Steve Jobs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
My wife loves My Drunk Kitchen and Epic Meal Time.
Blacksheep: Elders React to EpicMealTime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
Tabletop, obviously.

Yes I watch that one too. I didn't think of putting it in my list, cause I was thinking more along the lines of story/plot driven shows, but yeah, definitely a good one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good Mythical Morning/The Mythical Show with Rhett and Link is what I like watching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kit Kat
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Melsana wrote:
I've started really enjoying watching web shows. Not TV shows that you can also catch via streaming (go to the TV thread for that). But shows that are mostly on YouTube, and episodes tend to be 5-10min.

So here are the list of ones I've watched and enjoyed (or if I didn't I'll mention that too).

If you've followed the Chit-Chat thread for any period of time you'll know I adore The Lizzie Bennet Diaries. It is a modernized vlog style telling of the story of Pride and Prejudice. It is finished now with over 100 episodes. (If you count the spin off channels which I think you should for the complete story)

As a former world of warcraft player, how can I not have watched and enjoyed The Guild (Link is for Season 1) there are 6 Seasons.

Through the Geek and Sundry Channel I found Space Janitors. A very well done, funny show. Especially if you like Star Wars. They just finished their second season.

I'm not in to DnD, but I have enough Geek cred to know the basics enough to enjoy Standard Action. It is a kind of, what if our DnD characters were real. So you never see the Role Players, just the Characters, but they live in a world where questing for loot, and leveling up are a real thing. They just finished a Kickstarter to do a third season.

Just today I found a crazy new series called Job Hunters. It sounds really dull, but it is actually kind of like Hunger Games meets Big Brother. Very funny, and odd at the same time. Looks like they are working on a Season 2.

And if you want to just laugh your but off, you have to check out Convo's with a 2-Year Old. This guy takes real conversations he has with his 2-year old (Coco) and then reenacts them with another gown man. SO funny! This one JUST finished season 1 this week. Hope they keep doing it.

Another I stumbled upon based on one of the actors from LBD being involved and talking about it was Hipsterhood. I'm not a hipster, nor do I really know anybody that is or the culture in general, but it was still well done and very cute.

----

So if you have any that you enjoy and want to share please do. I tried to always link to the playlist of season 1 (if there was more than one season).

Have you ever seen Kid History? It's sort of like Conversations with a 2 year old, where events are told by kids and reenacted by adults. They are hilarious and are quoted regularly in my house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BUT!

If you buy 1,264 completos, it's only $1,264!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kit Kat
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
worshipsf wrote:
BUT!

I HATE HOT DOGS!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just started watching RWBY with my wife. Pretty neat stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kit Kat wrote:
worshipsf wrote:
BUT!

I HATE HOT DOGS!!!!!
What did I miss?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're a Harry Potter fan(and likely even if you're not), you should watch A Very Potter Musical:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teens React to Convos With My 2 Year Old:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val K
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
mbmbmbmbmb
One I found and loved was "Awkward Embraces" and I have no idea how to give you a link on the iPad, so .. Search for it? Episode one is "The IT Guy"
It has two seasons. I loved it so much that I started following 'geekyjessica' on tumblr. She is all kinds of awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So Convos with a 2 year old season 2 starts today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I have a friend who just finished making the pilot for a web series sitcom. Only one episode right now. I think she is hoping/planning to do a kickstarter to get the money to do more episodes.

So please watch to show her some support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woot. The Lizzie Bennet Diarie's creators have started their next project... Emma Approved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Melsana wrote:
Also, I have a friend who just finished making the pilot for a web series sitcom. Only one episode right now. I think she is hoping/planning to do a kickstarter to get the money to do more episodes.

So please watch to show her some support.

Seemed interesting, but tell them the music is a bit too loud in the party scene. I couldn't catch the dialogue when the fashion designer got the guy away from the two girls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Melsana wrote:
Woot. The Lizzie Bennet Diarie's creators have started their next project... Emma Approved

Now I know where the "cleaver" thing came from.
Check the subtitles on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I used to really love Olde English in 2005 or so. They were a student sketch comedy group from Bard College who put out funny videos. I had kind of forgotten about them until today but apparently they stayed together and are still performing.

Some of my favorites, in rough descending order:

Pizza Delivery
Gym Class (warning: very brief but unexpected graphic violence before it resumes silliness)
Adam's Orange Stand
The Wine Guy
One Picture Every Day
Boxcar
Oh Yeah!

I had to dig through the archives to find most of these; some of my favorites were archived away in the "this stuff is bad" section. I haven't seen most of the videos dated 2007 or later, so maybe it's time to catch up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
I used to really love Olde English in 2005 or so. They were a student sketch comedy group from Bard College who put out funny videos. I had kind of forgotten about them until today but apparently they stayed together and are still performing.

Pizza Delivery
Gym Class (warning: very brief but unexpected graphic violence before it resumes silliness)
Adam's Orange Stand
The Wine Guy
One Picture Every Day
Boxcar
Oh Yeah!

I had to dig through the archives to find most of these; some of my favorites were archived away in the "this stuff is bad" section. I haven't seen most of the videos dated 2007 or later, so maybe it's time to catch up.
Erm, why did you archive your favorites in "this stuff is bad"? Can't have been that long ago, when "bad" meant good, can it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Phelanpt wrote:
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:

Pizza Delivery
Adam's Orange Stand
The Wine Guy
One Picture Every Day
Boxcar
Oh Yeah!

Erm, why did you archive your favorites in "this stuff is bad"? Can't have been that long ago, when "bad" meant good, can it?

No, I mean on their site they have an archive for each year and then they have a separate archive with videos from all years labeled "this stuff is bad, don't count it as our main body of work". (And then they have an even deeper archive labeled "this stuff is really bad".) I was searching for the videos by name because I have no idea which years they came out in.

Though my opinions have changed on rewatching a lot of these movies today. I think some of these (and some I didn't post, such as Like Children) are less funny to me now than in high school; there is still some good stuff but random shock humor (especially the violent kind in Gym Class) is less my style now. Adam's Orange Stand is still hilarious though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I watch tabletop, spellslingers, and the occasional day[9] show (mostly his day off shows).

Non-gaming related, I like Motor Trend's Roadkill (many in comments call it the true American Top Gear). I also follow the Marble Hornets videos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.