Subject: The Infinity Loop of Economic Doom (Deck) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ethan Bingham

Louisville
Kentucky
msg tools
Calling all Shapers!

So everyone has seen the new (or is it old?) Same Old Thing and said to themselves “I could run this WITH Account Siphon and do that six, yes SIX times over the course of the game.” Well, great. I, for one, wasn’t super enthused about it (I play Shaper and don’t splash Account Siphon ever). On the other hand, the new Levy AR Lab Access has me VERY excited (I hate Ronin). So, this deck below is the best of both worlds: The Same Old-Levy-Siphon Loop (A.K.A. The Infinity Loop of Economic Doom).

Identity: Chaos Theory

Event 15
Scavenge x2
Levy AR Lab Access x3
Infiltration x2
Escher x1
Diesel x3
Forged Activation Orders x2
Account Siphon x2

Hardware 11
R&D Interface x2
Plascrete Carapace x2
Omni-drive x2
Feedback Filter x2
Clone Chip x3

Program 9
Magnum Opus x3
Crypsis x3
Femme Fatale x1
Crescentus x2

Resource 5
Same Old Thing x3
Personal Workshop x2

This deck is very simple:
1. Do some early-game running (Gabe style)
2. Set up your rig (ASAP)
3. Siphon/Crescentus/Femme/Forge your way toward corp brokenness
4. Make a few BIG R&D runs, score a few points
5. When all your tricks are used up, Levy ‘em all back for eternity (or something like that)

Here are some pros of the deck:

Great “It’s a trap… Never mind” moments. With Feedback Filter, Clone Chip, and Plascrete Carapace in play, all damage and program-trashing effects are countered pretty well.
No ICE. Between Account Siphon, FAO, and Crescentus the corp will have little or no ice on the table. Even if he does get some, you have Crypsis out and you can Clone Chip the Crescentus back anytime.
Never* runs out of tricks. With 2 Account Siphons, 3 Same Old Things, and 3 Levys that’s 20 COPIES OF ACCOUNT SIPHON AND CRESCENTUS YOU CAN PLAY PER GAME!!!! Also, don’t hesitate to use your Same Old Things for FAOs or Eschers (You’ll have plenty).
Mid game mix-ups. Once you are set up well you can Escher and take out the entire corp’s defense on either HQ or R&D. You will have plenty of chances to Escher again so if you want to R&D Interface a bit right now, go on. Later you can Escher all the Archers/Janus 1.0s/Tollbooths onto R&D.
Any ICE left will be bypass-able. In some games, the corp will Oversight AI/Bioroid Efficiency Research a piece of ICE to try to stop these Account Siphons or to build up a remote server early on in the game. You can either: Crypsis it (and maybe trash it) or Femme it. Then Scavenge it off once you break/derez it.

So how does this deck perform?

I don’t really know.
Theory-wise it’s pretty sound. Here is how (I hope) it works against all the corporations.

Jinteki: Between Infiltration and Feedback Filter you stand a good chance at not dying. Plus, Account Siphon is always great against this faction.
Weyland: These guys could potentially pose a problem with Oversight and Scorched Earth but between Plascrete and Femme you shouldn’t have too much of a problem.
NBN: Aggressive running with lots of rezzing and derezzing is a must here. If your meta is NBN Dominant, roll out 3 Rabbit Holes.
Haas-Bioroid: These guys will give you a LOT of problems. It’s hard to keep them poor (ETF), and if they run Next Design you will have a rough early game ahead. Just FAO everything in sight, and trash all those campaigns. That’s pretty much all you can do against HB these days.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed or learned something from this article. The only problem I have with this deck is that I would like to put Indexing in here but I can’t quite find the room…

Thoughts?

*Some restrictions may apply. Scan this article to find out more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The DeckDeckDeck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin K
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why are you running omni drive? Complete waste of a slot IMO. You have enough memory to support your entire rig already.

If for some reason you really want to keep it, then just be Kate instead. She synergizes really well with clone chip, potentially triggering her ability twice off it, one of which can even be on the corps turn.

Also I think Levy+Siphon is being really oversold in general. Games just don't last long enough for 5 Siphons not to be enough, and even if they did you will never have the tempo to play Levy and pray for a siphon, and then probably have to dig while your newly useless Same Old Things sit in your hand. At the very least cut the FAOs for the third siphon to significantly decrease your digging.

Other than that, I think Siphon CT is a reasonable thing to try so good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Bingham

Louisville
Kentucky
msg tools
LOL. I guess it WOULD be better in Criminal where there are more "tricks" to recur...

Well great minds think alike.

This just proves I should keep up with the articles more. Oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksi Laitinen
Finland
flag msg tools
kops wrote:
Why are you running omni drive? Complete waste of a slot IMO. You have enough memory to support your entire rig already.

If for some reason you really want to keep it, then just be Kate instead. She synergizes really well with clone chip, potentially triggering her ability twice off it, one of which can even be on the corps turn.

Also I think Levy+Siphon is being really oversold in general. Games just don't last long enough for 5 Siphons not to be enough, and even if they did you will never have the tempo to play Levy and pray for a siphon, and then probably have to dig while your newly useless Same Old Things sit in your hand. At the very least cut the FAOs for the third siphon to significantly decrease your digging.

Other than that, I think Siphon CT is a reasonable thing to try so good luck!

Same Old Thing can sit on the rig since it is a resource, not an event. You can just play them as soon as you get them and then keep drawing through the deck.

3x Levy seems like double overkill, especially with only Diesels and no Quality Times in the deck; you'll never get through the stack that many times. I'd only run one, and even if it gets discarded for some reason, it can be played with Same Old Thing when the stack is about to run empty.

Here's an (untested) Criminal speedstack for comparison: http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/LLgsoxKzBtoj6KJrj/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to remove Levy AR Lab Access from the game when using it, so it can't be reused with Same Old Thing.

Edit: Unless it was removed from your hand due to taking damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Tapp
United States
Waterloo
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and, of course, if you discard it due to hand size restrictions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.