Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check out my other reviews at:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/145695/item/2740264#it...

Conclusion:

First, this is a kid's game. If this was a game for an adult, the score would be a lot less. The theme is interesting in that you are a pizza delivery guy who is driving around delivering pizza.

This is a roll and move game, which can be the death of games on this site. Since it is for kids, it gets a pass from me as teaching my daughter to count is still important. You also have to set collect and match which is is also helpful.

The game is rather easy to understand and colorful enough to keep the interest of the young ones. Adults won't have a lot of fun with it, but it should keep a child's interest for a while. With the right family, it could be a big hit. A huge save with this game is you don't have to roll exact to get the space you need. Nothing is more frustrating than rolling the "wrong" number and you have to waste a turn and keep rolling.

Overall, this is a keeper and it might remove it self from being a kid game to a game the family can play if the kids are young enough.

Components:

The board is very nice and colorful. It has a cartoon look to it without being too "cartoony". Not sure if that last sentence makes sense.

All the cards are colorful and easy to use. They are very good quality and should hold up to kids playing this alone. The cars that you move around is plastic, but hard enough to take a beating. The single die that comes with the game seems to be pretty standard.

Overall, the components are very good, especially for a kid's game.

Rule Book:

The rule book is actually very good. The rule books for kids games can be hit or miss, but this book is full color with great examples. You can read this book and be playing within 1-2 minutes. Job well done!

Flow of the Game:

This is going to be very short as the game is very easy.

1. Drive your car - roll two dice and move your car (you can move less than what you rolled, but not more)

2. Draw toppings - You can draw 1 or 2 cards. You can draw from the 3 face up and/or the top card (unseen) from the deck.

The topping cards are collected. There are face up "deliveries" that you need to accomplish. If you get the right ingredients, you go to that address and you get the card (and the VP).

The game ends when the Game Over card is drawn from the deck.

Who ever gets the most money (VP) from deliveries is the winner.

Should I buy this game?:

Sort of. For your kids, yes; you should have fun. The theme might not grab your kids attention too much (delivering pizzas). Making the pizzas is sort of fun and it will grab their attention. The game underneath is better than most kids games like Chutes and Ladders, etc.

I will keep this game, but I can see the kids out growing it also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought this one to play with my five year old, It works great for that, plus the "Game over" card allows you to adjust the length which is always nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.