Hide
13 Posts

Star Wars: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Top Tier Gaming Edge of Darkness Reviews rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jarrett McBride
msg tools
Be sure to check back to this topic frequently as every so often a new review will pop up.

First review:

Wookiee Life Debt and Raise the Stakes - http://toptiergaming.com/articles?showarticle=38

Sample:

"

Let the Wookiee Win

TGO:
A LS Force Choke with a slight draw back, if you want to call it a drawback. The DS will have to look out for people using this to anger their wookiees and push through more blast damage and kill more DS units. This also makes Sith Advisors and other Dark Side 1 health resource units a little more of a liability.

7/10

Jarrett:
Light Side finally has their own force choke, but in normal situations, it ends up being an additional one for the opponent as well. While doing one damage to any enemy unit is always useful, this card gets even better by enabling your Wookie Warriors, and when used during an engagement damaging Chewbacca you can throw an additional two damage the opponent's way, making it extremely useful in helping clear potential threats even before strikes resolve.

7/10"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cloud City Operative is way better than a 6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrett McBride
msg tools
SeerMagic wrote:

I rated it a 7 if that makes you feel better. I'd probably change it to an 8 after playing more games with it. It can really swing games (but there will be times you draw it and it will at most be trying to force a focus token on an opponents unit - which then it's an over-costed Twi'lek Loyalist).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Lawcock
msg tools
JMCB1001 wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:

I rated it a 7 if that makes you feel better. I'd probably change it to an 8 after playing more games with it. It can really swing games (but there will be times you draw it and it will at most be trying to force a focus token on an opponents unit - which then it's an over-costed Twi'lek Loyalist).

With 2 health, and a guaranteed unit damage, I'd say its on par with most of the 2 cost units.

Twi'lek Loyalist comparisons is just slander. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A 2 cost card that can win you the game, well there isn't many of them out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrett McBride
msg tools
I think you just like to discredit our reviews for the sake of feeling superior. This time though, you failed.

AAC1-Speeder Tank
Emperor's Royal Guard
Jedi Guardians
Echo Caverns
Rebel Assault

All are game winning cards at two-cost, especially that Echo Caverns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JMCB1001 wrote:
I think you just like to discredit our reviews for the sake of feeling superior. This time though, you failed.

AAC1-Speeder Tank
Emperor's Royal Guard
Jedi Guardians
Echo Caverns
Rebel Assault

Not at all, sorry if it comes across that way. I just like debating cards, isn't that what reviewing them is about? I did mean 2 cost unit, not card. The Royal Guard is great, speeder is good but needs the objective. I got in a bunch of games tonight, I still stand by it's one of the best cards in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason K
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JMCB1001 wrote:

AAC1-Speeder Tank
Emperor's Royal Guard
Jedi Guardians
Echo Caverns
Rebel Assault

This is a bit harsh. He was just disagreeing with you.

Anyways, I'd get used to it if you're going to post your opinions about the quality of various cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G P
msg tools
When rating a card you have to look at the card at its best, worst and somewhere in between. Can this card win you games? There are situations where it can, but there are situations where you just play it without using the ability which makes it a 2 cost/2health twi-lek loyalist. I am a huge fan of this card but I stand by my rating of a 6. Thats because more times than not this unit will be a great roll player with a great ability that allows you to put tremendous pressure on the DS player. The times that you play it and just win are too few to rate this thing an 8 or higher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just won at a tournament. She gave me the win everytime. Why? opponents loved throwing tactics down... and it frees up your guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrett McBride
msg tools
TGO's Light Side Review:

http://toptiergaming.com/articles?showarticle=39
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrett McBride
msg tools
TGO's Dark Side review is up:

http://toptiergaming.com/articles?showarticle=42

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seems like you don't like capture stuff at all. Bounty a 6? Bossk, one of the best units in the game gets a 7?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.