United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens when a hunter moves to a city containing Dracula and an encounter(s)?

Does the hunter resolve the encounter(s) first, then fight Dracula?

or

Can Dracula decide to engage in combat first (assuming he wants to fight the hunter) then resolve any encounters (assuming the combat didn't end the hunter's turn)?

I would assume the first is correct, but I cannot find anything in the rules to contradict the second scenario. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Well, if the hunters move into the city with Dracula, it must be the hunter's turn and not Dracula's. Therefore, Dracula cannot initiate combat as it is not his turn. (Dracula attacks hunters only during Dracula's action phase after Dracula's movement.)

So to answer your question, you resolve encounters in the location. Only when they are all resolved (and the hunter is still in that city), does the hunter face Dracula.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And to add to what Richard said, I think you have to defeat all the encounters before you can move on to fighting Dracula.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, thanks guys. That is what I thought. Apparently I wasn't thinking with regards to whose turn it is. Obviously if the hunters are moving it is not Dracula's turn. Thanks again!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What if a hunter moves to Dracula's location and there's a Wolves encounter there? The counter doesn't say it ends your turn, but the only place in the rules that says you "go on to fight Dracula" is if you win combat against an Agent. Do you automatically "win" against all non-Agent encounters that don't end your turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.