Subject: Too many resource tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just counted my resource tokens and just realized that I have 24 coal and 24 garbage, but 25 oil and 13 uranium.

What up with that? Has anyone else received too many wooden tokens?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you complaining??

You can never have more than the charts allow. So just put excess aside and keep as spare part...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Pedrator wrote:
Are you complaining??

One could write to the publisher and request that they correct the problem by taking away the extra pieces. But then there is the dilemma of what to do if the publisher doesn't reply to the request for customer assistance...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's outrageous, I'd sue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan B
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
pick up the extra resources and throw the away if it a problem. (shh, you could just keep them in the box until you loose one under the sofa)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Interestingly enough I was playing a game of Power Grid at PAX Aus on Saturday night and this happened, it had a bunch of extra resource pieces 2 oil, 2 nuclear, 1 trash and 1 coal I first noticed it because the price of oil had dropped to one and the resource market was completely full, yet there were the 2 oil left over. In years and years of playing I had never seen that before.

You should take the extra resource(s) and bag them separately as spares, but not use them because they can allow market manipulation by people who are using what ever resource(s) that has extra pieces. In our game I was the only player with an oil power plant and I could have stockpiled 2 oil and kept the price down at 1.

On the night I then counted the other two copies of Power Grid there and one of them was over as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am glad that this discussion is about excess game parts.

Real problems start, if we are talking about shortage of game parts! :-)

Henning
(2F-Spiele)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patox wrote:
Has anyone else received too many wooden tokens?

I have one extra coal cube. I simply exclude it from the game and that's it. It happens occasionally. E.g., I also have one extra red cube in Pandemic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Pedrator wrote:
You can never have more than the charts allow. So just put excess aside and keep as spare part...

Well, technically, they should be thrown away (or set aside). Because as the game gets tight on resources, you are artificially increasing supply. Even if the charts allow you to place something, you could be placing more than what is intended, especially in the late game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Pedrator wrote:

Well, technically, they should be thrown away (or set aside). Because as the game gets tight on resources, you are artificially increasing supply. Even if the charts allow you to place something, you could be placing more than what is intended, especially in the late game.

Hence spare part... thought it was obvious what I meant...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Pedrator wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Pedrator wrote:

Hence spare part... thought it was obvious what I meant...

Sorry, mis-read it completely. For some reason, I thought you meant set it next to the board as the charts will limit you as to what gets added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.