Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ann De Haes
Netherlands
Doorwerth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday evening we had another games night in our house, and we started off with Puerto Rico. We find it hard to deceide which game is best: PR or Funkenschlag, so we have alternate sessions.

Last session of PR (5 player) I lost big time. I thought it was because of the hospice that favored the shipping strategy of some players. I deceided to get the hospice first thing. I started as second player, and chose builder and got my hospice. Manned it first time the maire passed by, and got me some afterwards. It worked really well. I never had to take the maire, I took 2 quarry and I just went fast. Took some coffee, since I have to make money, but I only sold one coffee the whole game. Somehow I managed to get me both the harbor (this one fairly soon) and the warf about 3 rounds before the end, so I shipped and shipped. I should've take maire in one of those last rounds, because there was a shipping round in which I could not yet use the warf. But I did in the next 2 rounds, and we finished the game by not having enough victory points (I got 37 points only by shipping, nobody had even gotten to the expensive buildings yet).

There was this strange thing, because someone (sitting after me) had a big warehouse, and after a round in which there had been shipping, she could still ship without producing first, and so she did. The one that was sitting after her took craftsman, so we started the next round with the captain. Which worked really well, because I was second to ship. The same thing happened the next round, and by then I had made sure my warf was manned, this was not going to happen twice to me! Plus I was the first to ship this time, which gave me a lot of victory points. And I was happy we did not end the game by running out of colonists, I feel so 'beginner' if we do

Score
Ann 54
Fransisca 39
Ageeth 36
Doug 31

I should keep better track of what happens, like in a game of chess. I find it funny that there is some kind of 'standard' opening. Some things you just know in PR (don't take the mair every time,...), but Doug doesn't yet. He's going to read the strategy guide of alexfrog, so next time we will have to work harder. He's better at Funkenschlag though. He has too much options, and he does not know which strategy to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.