Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
j s
United States
washington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious as to how everyone stores their tiles and bit's. Just bought the game ,and I'm looking for some tips from the Veterians.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought some bead containers from Jo-Anns Craft and Fabrics. I'm pretty sure they're available from places like Target or WalMart. They've worked pretty well for storing the tiles and the smaller monsters. These aren't the ones I used (mine aren't customizable size) but similar:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Methot
Canada
SAINTE-JULIE
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same kind of container as Sean, can't think of something better to hold all the bits & pieces...

I got mine (in Canada) at Canadian Tire in the hunting & fishing department in the tackle box section. Cost me 4$.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy McKinney
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At my Walmart, in the Sporting goods section, they had 3 great tackle boxes that were different sizes. The Smallest, a Plano box, was under $2. The Medium one was slightly larger with a handle(Still small enough to stick in the box) it only cost $3. The last one was a larger version of the medium box, and ran $5. All three of the tackleboxes were had adjustable cells. The Rows were set, but the individual cells could be as big or small as you wanted. Similar to the solutions listed above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Von Cover
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I stumbled onto a great solution. I love when mistakes turn out well.

The Container Store, while a bit on the pricy side, tends to have a large collection of bins of various sizes. I always go there first in order to get ideas. The fact that there's one 5 minutes away probably helps in that department.

I got a 24-bin clear plastic container. Each compartment is about 1.75" x 2" x 1.5" deep (judged by sight) so the overall size is around 8 x 10.5 (roughly). The kicker, and my mistake, is that the cover slides on - no hinges. The cover fits tightly and the counters don't shift from bin to bin no matter how often my girlfriend sets the game on its side in order to make more room for her shoes.

The greatest advantage to having a container like this is that the Overlord can deal the counters out quickly and we spent almost no time dealing with the fiddly bits and more time playing. So I suggest some sort of multi-compartment storage for the counters.

Now the cards, tiles and minis I'm still working on. (I'm currently using a small ziploc for the heros and rubber bands for the cards, but everything else is loose).

~NV

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
I stuck everything in zip lock bags. The monsters and tiles went into huge ziplock bags (I used those bags columbia games use for their blocks). Everything fit into the box (barely), without having to remove the cardboard divider

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skeletor
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Thanks for the info guys.

I just got this game as a B-Day present and I thought this is my Descent into madness as I try and keep this games pieces somehow organised.

Thank god for Board game geeks and the container store.

Why don't game makers sell stuff that organises their games seperatly to make our life easier???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.