Popular Tags: [View All]
Vance VanGogh
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a debate the other day about if I can still use sprout's ability while I have an Ivan in play. Sprouts ability is to destroy sprout then search your deck for 3 power minion and put it here. Ivan's ability is my creatures cannot be destroyed.

I think sprouts ability would still work, and sprout would stay in play to do it again next turn. I say this because sprouts card does not say 'if destroyed this way' - meanwhile other cards (bucaneer) do use 'if' terminology/syntax.

who's right? What say you bgg?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think formally you are right since it doesn't say something like if you do (using dominion logic). However, it does seem to break the game pretty hard.

Sadly I think the rules of Smash Up are not always quite as clear as I would like them to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was addressed in another post, and I believe the designer replied and said the sprout would stay alive while Ivan was in play and you get to keep adding another level 3 minion to the base with the sprout each turn. It's one of those powerful combos that can occur between factions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is quite clear.

It stays alive and you can do it each turn. Just like you can Sacrifice a War Bot for a bunch of cards and have it still stay there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.