Hide
9 Posts

Hot Rod Creeps» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about upgrades rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
todd heck
msg tools
When snagging an upgrade does that apply right away or do you have to wait for your next turn (ie Pit Crew applies after the stops)? We did next turn figuring that the item would be installed at the end of your pitstop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It applies next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
A Pit Crew triggers when you hit the Pit, so if you don't have a Pit Crew installed at that time, it won't trigger if you choose to acquire a Pit Crew upgrade at that stop.

That said, they do apply immediately. So if you play a "Do it yourself" and gain Wheels, then draft another player when you move, you get the Wheels effect.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah I forgot about that card.

The book contradicts itself. But you do resolve text on cards before moving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
Oh yeah I forgot about that card.

The book contradicts itself. But you do resolve text on cards before moving.

Where exactly is the contradiction? Maybe I'm too close to the process to see it...

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Under "Playing the Game", it tells you to play a move card, move that many spaces then do what it says. Then on the next page it says under "Order of Events" to do what a card says first then move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
Under "Playing the Game", it tells you to play a move card, move that many spaces then do what it says. Then on the next page it says under "Order of Events" to do what a card says first then move.

If you are talking about last paragraph of page 4, I don't see a contradiction. It's the first time playing cards is described, so the paragraph starts out saying that you play a card to move. Best to cover the basics before the specifics. Then it goes into the "Hand Only" vs "Flip Only" rules. That paragraph is explaining the process, not giving step by step rules, as we find later.

I can see what you are saying, though. Thanks for helping to improve future rulebooks!

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it's not super bad. We did do it wrong first game because I had to check and I first checked the first thing and assumed that was the way.

Thanks for making the best racing board game I've ever played.

Will we get an expansion?... had to ask :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
So far, no, but hopefully. Sales are decent, but not so strong that the distributors are knocking down our doors for more.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.