Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I have to ask some more questions about the quest card "Trials of Zorek".

Trials of Zorek: "(...) When the hero is in the chose area during the quest phase he trains each of his attributes and the receives a reward."

That means the following:

(1) In the quest phase, I arrive in the marked area with the city, I can immediately choose training of all my attributes as quest action, thereby accomplishing this quest.

(2) I cannot accomplish this quest in the same quest phase, I arrive in the marked city, because I have moved, and therefor I cannot train anymore. I must wait until the next quest phase, choosing the quest action train, to accomplish this quest.

Furthermore, I assume, once the quest "Trials of Zorek" is revealed and "initiated", it can nevertheless be discarded by replacement quest cards (For example by drawing quest cards for the cities in the support order). And if that is done, the two placed influence tokens for this quest are discarded, too (i.e. once this quest appears anew, a new influence bid is performed)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
It means you complete it immediately when you move there during the quest phase (after exploring, peeking at the rune token etc), and as the reward, you gain a Reward and train each of your attributes.

If you had to waste another year to train there, it'd say something "When this hero chooses the 'Train' action in this area..."

Compare to other effects like the Traveling Merchant exploration token, Quest Cards that say to train etc.

Yes, it can be discarded by replacement Quest Cards, and the influence tokens are discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with David. Training your attributes is part of the "prize" for completing the quest, not part of the requirements.

If you treated it as part of the requirements, it would take you FOUR quests to do this; one to move there, and 3 to train each attribute.

All you have to do is move there; as soon as you do, the quest is complete, you get a reward card and you also get to train each attribute once as a bonus.

There are several other quests that give training as a "prize" too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.