Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Garbe
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When setting the "Game Time", what does that actually mean? Yesterday I signed up for a 1-hour game but none of the other players were logged on so I signed out with intentions of returning later. Today when I signed in, I discovered that I had forfeited that game... Shouldn't the timer only count down when I am present in that particular game??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Brown
United States
Ofallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
King Agricola
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The timer begins to count down when it is your turn. Your device will ping you with a message and then the timer begins. If you dont take the turn and the time runs out, you forfeit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Doran

Vancouver
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The person who created the game gets to start it, and that's when the clock starts ticking down. If you sign up for a game with a short max time, you should stay online for awhile so you'll get notified that the game has begun. If it's taking too long for the game to start, simply delete the game before it starts, and it won't count as a forfeit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
For example, if the timer on a game you join says 4 hours, that means you have a total of 4 hours to take your turns.

Personally, I go with 3 or 7 day timers since most of the time my games don't finish in one day, and if my turn starts right after I go to bed I can easily use up 10 of my total hours in one night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All in all I think this timer is a good system to keep games alive, though I've also been victim of forfeit for sleeping times (multiplayer game where the other players played as soon as I went to sleep).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Garbe
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
marticabre wrote:
All in all I think this timer is a good system to keep games alive, though I've also been victim of forfeit for sleeping times (multiplayer game where the other players played as soon as I went to sleep).

Now that I know how it works, I agree. Just a noob error on my part

Thanks, everyone, for the quick responses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.