Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Giemsa
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

i just finished my first game and have to say: timing is not as easy as I thought. I already found answers to most of my questions, but here is another:

If you for example draw an environmental card, that has a start of turn and end of turn effect, the start of turn effect does not immediately occur. but what about the end of turn effect. am I playing it right, that the end of turn option is available, even though the start of turn effect didn't happen?

tnx alot for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, any end of turn effect will be triggered once it reaches the end of turn phase, which is typically immediately after the card is drawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind that there are three phases to the villain and environment turns:

1. Start of turn
2. Play the top card of the deck
3. End of turn

So when you're drawing and playing a card from the environment deck as a part of the environment's turn, you're in phase 2. Phase 1 is already over, so if the card you just played references the start of the turn, that doesn't take place yet. However, phase 3 has not happened yet, so if the card you just played (in phase 2) references the end of the turn, that event actually does happen that same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What everyone else said. It's a common 'overthinking' problem. ^^ Just basic 'logic' coding, like an old C64.

If End of Turn

Then Effect.

The Environment card is in play. It is the end of turn, effect!

To save you a common future question, things that come into play *during* the end of turn(via the effects of other cards) still have their 'end of turn' effects. You go through cards in the order of play, so the newly played card still has the opportunity for its effect to trigger during the end of turn phase it was played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Giemsa
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:

To save you a common future question, things that come into play *during* the end of turn(via the effects of other cards) still have their 'end of turn' effects. You go through cards in the order of play, so the newly played card still has the opportunity for its effect to trigger during the end of turn phase it was played.

this is actually a question I also had, but already found the answer.
thank you all again!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal Martin
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Love my Oilers!
badge
I miss my boy :(
mbmbmbmbmb
Related question: When multiple cards from a Enviro or Villain phase happen at same time (say End of Turn), which goes first? And if a card, Like Omni's draw a card at end of turn, produces a card at end of turn with an action at end of turn, does that new card take effect?

(man I worded that horribly, apologies, it's late)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal Martin
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Love my Oilers!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Longbombed wrote:
Related question: When multiple cards from a Enviro or Villain phase happen at same time (say End of Turn), which goes first? And if a card, Like Omni's draw a card at end of turn, produces a card at end of turn with an action at end of turn, does that new card take effect?

(man I worded that horribly, apologies, it's late)

And I understand they go in order played, but I'm still a bit confused regarding my Omni example...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Longbombed wrote:
Related question: When multiple cards from a Enviro or Villain phase happen at same time (say End of Turn), which goes first?

They happen in the order they came into play.

Longbombed wrote:
And if a card, Like Omni's draw a card at end of turn, produces a card at end of turn with an action at end of turn, does that new card take effect?

Yes, it does take effect. Cards that happen at the end of the turn happen in the order they came into play. Any card that comes into play at the end of the turn comes into play after the card that caused it to come into play. It is still the end of the turn, so the card that just came into play will take effect after all cards that were in play before it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal Martin
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Love my Oilers!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.