Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dr. snowMan
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the inventions require 1 wood or 1 fur. For instance, the dam requires 1 wood. This is depicted by wood with a 1 next to it.

But then some of the scenario specific items, such as hatchet and mast, just depict wood, without a number. Is this also discard 1 wood, or just have a source of wood available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It´s also 1 wood cost!

I remember even Ignacy mentioning that (concerning scenario specific items) somewhere in the forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. snowMan
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Do we know if this ambiguity was fixed in the Z-Man version?

After carefully looking at the rules, it's clear that invention requirements are only "terrain, previous invention, or discard resource", but it's still open to confusion without the 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
DsnowMan wrote:
Thanks! Do we know if this ambiguity was fixed in the Z-Man version?

After carefully looking at the rules, it's clear that invention requirements are only "terrain, previous invention, or discard resource", but it's still open to confusion without the 1.

I've just had a look at the castaways scenario and the wood requirement has no number.

Assume that no fixes were made in the Z-man edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
p15: "If a depicted icon (i.e. Resource, Token, Wound or Weapon etc.) has no number in front of it, it usually stands
for 1"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.