Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul McKinney
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After having warmed up with a game of Quandary I setup Ingenious and explained the rules to our neighbors, Coco and Peter, who I was introducing euro-games to, and we were ready to go. Everyone was enjoying each of their turns trying to determine how best to place their tiles for the most points. Toward the last third of the game Peter began racking up some big points as he seemed to draw and playing a lot of tiles containing two of the same symbol. This was my only my second time playing so I didn't have a grasp on how to play defensively yet. Peter starting scoring an “ingenious” and then ended up scoring a couple of more "ingeniouses" and then won the game by getting all colors to 18. His impression was that the game was just a maximizing game. I hope to have the chance to play against him again sometime, after I've learned a bit of strategy, so I can prove him wrong. I believe everyone enjoyed this game very much and I beginning to think Ingenious may be one of the best introductory games to introduce non-gamer types to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.