Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Howe
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checking to see if anyone has ordered Tzolk'in from CoolStuffInc lately, and it their stock is the new edition with the 6-piece board and the matte finish. I just spoke with CSI on the phone, and they weren't sure, since the latest edition still says it has the older 4-piece board on the back.

Thanks in advance,
Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i got a box in the spring and it came with 4 board layout, I emailed rio grande, and they shipped me a 6 board matte board within 10 days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Howe
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jwspiker wrote:
i got a box in the spring and it came with 4 board layout, I emailed rio grande, and they shipped me a 6 board matte board within 10 days.

Good to know, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
jwspiker wrote:
Can anyone do that? I also bought my copy in the Spring (April or May, maybe) but I'm just wondering what the terms of the offer are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
What is better about the 6 piece board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would imagine it's that there are no folds so nothing to possibly tear/split.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Howe
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
What is better about the 6 piece board?

Yes, only 1 piece folds, and the board is a matte finish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

With regard to the foregoing, I thought I'd issue a polite warning about Moderators' growing intolerance for Tzolk'in threads that deliberatly exclude the subject of gear painting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Davidson
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, I didn't know there were board differences. I bought Tzolkin two months ago (the German version) and it had six board pieces.

I had previously played an English edition (in May), and though I don't remember how many pieces the board had, I do remember other differences. The gold cubes in my edition are yellow instead of metallic gold, and the player pieces seem to be brighter in colour, almost neon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:

With regard to the foregoing, I thought I'd issue a polite warning about Moderators' growing intolerance for Tzolk'in threads that deliberatly exclude the subject of gear painting.

Do painted gears look better on the 4 or 6 board layout?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
jwspiker wrote:
Can anyone do that? I also bought my copy in the Spring (April or May, maybe) but I'm just wondering what the terms of the offer are.

Also curious. Got the game a few months ago, but just played it for the first time last night.

Everything seemed fine, but now I'm worried!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Howe
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To answer my original question: I received my copy of Tzolk'in today from CSI, and it was the newer printing with the 6-piece board, with the matte finish, and has yellow cubes instead of the gold. The printing on the back was still the original one, which indicates a 4-piece player board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.