3 Viktor 2.0

Sentry (8)
3 Ichi 2.0
3 Janus 1.0
2 Rototurret

ICE (2)
2 Howler

Built with http://netrunner.meteor.com

This is my first pass at an HB: Next Design deck, and the theme is scary bioroids you can cycle in and out. As before, card justifications:

Director Haas' Pet Project: Basically serves only to pull useful stuff back from Archives. Things like Adonis, Eve, Howler, Melange, ice hosted on Awakening Center, anything that would do decently in its own new server.

Efficiency Committee: Combos wonderfully with Melange in two big ways. First, it allows you to install, rez, and use Melange in the same turn for a single power counter. Second, it allows you to be cute and use all three counters for a double-Melange turn. If all else fails, extra clicks to install, draw, and click for credits is quite helpful. The drawback of not being able to advance doesn't matter; this deck doesn't play the fast-advance game.

Awakening Center: Serves as ghetto economy for big nasty bioroids. Since the runner can only (correctly) assume that the ice hosted on it is going to be big and nasty, it forces them to over-prepare for a run, or risk eating four brain damage. Serves as the only 'ambush' in the deck.

Bioroid Efficiency Research: Ideal for cheaply getting Janus, Heimdall, and Ichi up and running for a measly three credits. Those ice can't be broken with straight clicks, so the runner will have to install and use a big-boy breaker to get through and de-rez it.

Hadrian's Wall: This one I'm kinda iffy on. The deck is certainly packing the econ to rez it reliably, and some hard "end the run" subs that can't be broken with clicks are bound to be useful. But since it's not a bioroid, you have to either hardcast it or cheat it with Priority Req. But what else is there to spend influence on in big-ice HB except...

Tollbooth: My vote for best ice in the game, basically forces a Femme in order to be dealt with. And eight credits almost seems cheap compared to everything else.

Howler: Another way to fetch stuff from Archives, this nasty little fucker will likely lie in wait for someone to do their click and credit math without room for error, then slap down something that forces them to jack out.

Adonis/Eve/Melange: This deck needs money. Lots of money. It has a few ways to cheat big ice into play, but most of the time you're going to pay for that Heimdall out of pocket. Big powerful ice allows you to run an asset-based economy, hopefully able to protect Melange for a turn or two.

Some vulnerabilities:

Early game: Even with the ability to set up a few ice before your turn even starts, being able to afford them all is another matter entirely. If your opening hand is nothing but big expensive ice (which is possible), an early account siphon could make this deck dead in the water. Hopefully your opening hand will have at least a Viktor, Eli, Rototurret or Howler.

Next Design: With 23 ice, you're going to get at least two out more than 90% of the time, and you'll get three more often than not. But if you draw and mull two bad hands in a row, you've got a blank ID with less influence than EtF.

No ambushes: Once the runner figures out they don't have much to fear if they've got a full suite and a mountain of credits, they won't hesitate to run a 2-advanced server.

No counter to tag-me: This isn't specific to this deck, most decks lack significant tag punishment. But with criminal being as dominant as it is, not having tag punishment makes me leery.

Flimsy assets: Adonis and Melange need to be protected. Eve slightly less-so, but you're likely going up against a lot of rich Shapers. You pretty much have to use one of the ghetto-economy cards to get your turn-2 Melange.

Possible inclusions:

Accelerated Beta Test: Tempting, but a greedy play in a deck without Archived Memories. Potentially game-winning, potentially back-breaking, it's a little too swingy for my taste.

Tyr's Hand: I don't predict runners trying to use clicks to break very often, and even then the most you'd be able to hope for is a point of brain damage. Probably not worth a deck slot.

Project Wotan: More ETR would be helpful, but I think the 5/3 is better filled with Priority Req.

Thomas Haas: Light insurance against account siphon and has the potential to bait the runner through a giant ice tower for no benefit, but I'm not sure he's worth the deck slots and investment.

Levy University: I'd be tempted to include this, being able to grab the exact ice you need would be perfect. I'm just not sure what I could cut without risk of running low on ice or econ. I might be able to nudge out a hedge fund and Eve to put two of these in, we'll see.

As always, I'm curious to hear your thoughts. Personally I think this deck is a bit boring and unlikely to build its econ engine unmolested, but if there were ever a time to try big-ice, it'd be now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been working on something similar. Only, I would very much like to ABT.

Economy is really difficult. It's not easy getting room for, when you have to pack 23 pieces of ICE.

Also, as your deck, there are no surprises. When the runner has a full rig and an economy engine that allows him to run on everything you table, it's pretty much GG.

I really really wanted to include Biotic Labor, but can't find the room.

Worst fears are Emergency Shutdown and E3 Implants. So I want to spend my pre-game icing on centrals (Datapike on HQ). First turn should be getting money to rez stuff in front of centrals and starting a remote. Second turn should preferably be installing ABT or MMC in a 2 ICE remote (safe from Inside Job). I use Eve campaigns so I can install them in unprotected remotes (unless I'm up against Whizzard).

But tbh, I have no idea if this will ever work.

Identity: Haas-Bioroid: Next Design

Cards: 49 / 45
Agenda points: undefined / 20
Influence: 11 / 12

Agenda (9)
3x Accelerated Beta Test
1x Director Haas' Pet Project
3x Priority Requisition
2x Project Vitruvius

Asset (5)
3x Eve Campaign
2x Melange Mining Corp

Ice (23)
2x Archer ●●●●
3x Datapike
3x Eli 1.0
3x Heimdall 2.0
2x Howler
3x Ichi 2.0
3x Janus 1.0
2x Rototurret
2x Viktor 2.0

Operation (11)
3x Beanstalk Royalties ●●●
3x Bioroid Efficiency Research
3x Hedge Fund
2x Oversight AI ●●●●

Upgrade (1)
1x Awakening Center

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.