3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Any type of game for airplane journey rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jam Inajar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi...going on holiday soon and require your recommendations please for a game to play on the plane and/or whilst at the beach !
I am open to any theme/type but would be looking for the following criteria

1-must be easy to transport
2-solo or co-op

Any ideas appreciated and thanks in advance for any suggestions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Mölleken
Germany
45147 Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just recently bought two little solo games for myself.

One was Onirim which can be played solo or coop with 2 players. It's just a deck of cards so it's easy to transport and it doesn't take up much space. It's a nice one for your purpose.

The second one was Friday. This one is entirely solo and although I have several games which could be played solo I'm not sure if I enjoy any of those as much as I enjoy Friday. It's just an incredibly well designed solo game (imho). It's very easy to transport but it does consume a bit more space than Onirim when you play it. But it still has a fairly small footprint. And if I may add another piece of advice: Even if you think that the game looks odd and boring (which is what I did) you should give it a try anyway (which I also did) and you may find that it's a great little game (just as I did)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Torino
flag msg tools
[______|_hi]
badge
[intentionally left blank]
mbmbmbmbmb
I second Onirim and Friday (and Kaermo's caveats).

I also find Urbion very satisfying and it has less shuffling than Onirim (which has a lot..)
Even if some people find it too simple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.