Recommend
18 
 Thumb up
 Hide
162 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: “Initial” Ratings for all C&C cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
“Initial” Ratings for all C&C cards

Not 100% initial, because I’ve gotten to play some of them, and for some of them I rated them already when spoiled, but I may have adjusted the rating based on play or new cards that work well with them.

I’m going to give a rating from 0 to 5 stars for each card.
: Best of the best. Game defining cards. Ex: Account Siphon, SanSan City Grid. Only a few cards achieve this rating.
: Strong staples. You want it in most decks of this faction and many decks of another faction. Ex: Sure Gamble, Corroder, Ice Wall.
: Playable/role/filler cards. It might make the cut, or be good in the right deck. Not strong in general, but okay in the right situation Ex: Armitage Codebusting, Enigma.
: Niche. It’s only good in the right deck, and even then it’s not amazing, just reasonable. Ex: The Helpful AI, Peacock.
: Bad Cards. It’s always bad, and only in its best conditions does it rise to reasonableness. Ex: Aurora, Shipment from Mirrormorph.
: Terrible cards. You actively hurt your game by using it. Ex: Data Dealer, Tyrant.

******************
Corp Cards: Best to Worst:
Efficiency Committee: 4
Director Haas’ Pet Project: 4
Haas Arcology AI: 4
Gila Hands Arcology: 3.5
Ichi 2.0: 3.5
Next Design: 3.5
Cerebral Overwriter: 3
Successful Demonstration: 3
Heimdall 2.0: 3
Viktor 2.0: 3
Howler: 3
Alix T4LB07: 3
Project Wotan: 3
Bastion: 3
Datapike: 3
Thomas Haas: 2.5
Tyr's Hand: 2.5
Sentinel Defense Program: 2.5
Awakening Center: 2.5
Bioroid Efficiency Research: 2.5
Director Haas: 2
Zed 1.0: 1.5
Minelayer: 1.5
Server Diagnostics: 1.5
Levy University: 1
Custom Biotics: 1
Cerebral Imaging: 0

Runner Cards: Best to Worst:
Atman: 4.5
Self-Modifying Code: 4
Sahasrara: 4
Daily Casts: 4
Dirty Laundry: 4
Escher: 4
Professional Contacts: 4
Clone Chip: 4
Reille "Kit" Peddler: 4
Same Old Thing: 3.5
Scavenge: 3.5
Inti: 3
The Source: 3
Freelance Coding Contract: 3??
Exile: 3
Omni Drive: 3
Ice Analyzer: 2.5
Feedback Filter: 2.5
Paricia: 2.5
Cloak: 2.5
Dagger: 2.5
Cyber Cypher: 2.5
Levy Ar Lab Access: 2
The Professor: 2
Borrowed Satellite: 1.5
Monolith: 1
Chakana: 1
Exploratory Romp: 0.5
*************************



Cerebral Imaging:
Currently, this is the worst card in the game. An identity whose power is more of a drawback than a benefit, competing against the strongest corp identity, Engineering the Future.
There are more ways that just Account Siphon and Vamp to break the corp. Often, when the corp makes a play for an agenda, they get extremely low on credits defending it. Cerebral Imaging basically can’t end a turn lower than 5 credits without potentially screwing itself, and therefore it is actually DOWN credits versus a normal corp. Because some of your credits are un-spendable.
You can’t barely defend an agenda with 3 credits left, then take your turn and triple-advance it to score it. If you do that as Cerebral Imaging, you discard your hand, and potentially agenda, into archives!
Cards that might exist in the future that would give this a reason for play would be things that said “Gain $1 per card in your hand” or “This Ice’s strength is equal to the number of cards in your hand”. Without effects like that, it’s not just unplayable, but it actively screws you over.
If this card set a minimum handsize of 5, and could make it bigger if you were rich, it would be less terrible, but it still wouldn’t come anywhere close to EtF.

Custom Biotics:
It’s pretty terrible. No in game power, and all you get is +7 influence. And you also advertise to your opponent that they don’t have to fear Snare, Neural Katana, Junebug, Ronin, etc.
Also, if your goal is to play some tag-me deck with the 22 influence, you should be aware that ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE will expect your high influence Scorches, Dedicated Response Teams, and tag cards, to come out of this deck. It will be the worst kept secret of all time. Seriously, the first thing you think when you see this identity is ‘Scorched Earth’.

Next Design:
It’s actually quite good, and gives a significant burst to start the game, most of the time. But not all the time. Andromeda is good because she has +1 Link and always has +4 cards to start. Next Design usually has +2-3 starting cards and 2-3 free clicks, but not 100% of the time. Also, it loses 3 influence, whereas Andromeda gains 1 link.
It’s also competing against the best identity power, HB: EtF. Still, this identity is good for rushing agendas really early behind some ice, and that’s a good thing. Out of the three new HB identities, this is the one to test, the one with potential.

Director Haas’ Pet Project:
This card is really good. The ‘nine 2s and two 1s’ agenda mix is strong, and unlike False Lead, this card has an ability that’s really helpful for HB.
Rather than using the power to recur ice from your archives, the best use of this card is to create a new server of extreme annoyance, that the runner has to go in and pay lots of money to trash.
For example, score this and pull the following out of archives: SanSan City Grid, Adonis Campaign, Bernice Mai.
Man, that’s annoying. If they don’t deal with it, you rez your Adonis and eventually gain $8, and then you rez the SanSan and fast advance something. And they STILL have to go kill that SanSan, and pay to beat the Bernice Mai trace or eat a tag. That is some serious economic annoyance there. If the runner just runs the server, they probably lose more than $10.

Alternately, you can install SanSan, Melange, and a used Howler. When they run it, Howler a big ice (possibly also from Archives). You just made it really annoying to get in to kill that mélange. You might be able to actually mine with it, and then later use the SanSan, not just use it as a way to waste their money.

Efficiency Committee:
I’ve been very happy with this any time I’ve scored it. It has definitely been the best 4/2 agenda that HB has access to, in most situations. (Even against Tag-Me Siphon decks, I find PSF a little questionable. Because if you try to PSF lock them and they just install the Plascretes they draw, you tend to lose the race).
A scored Efficiency Committee lets you do awesome things with Melange Mining Corp:
Install Melange, Activate it (with 1 counter).
Both activate Melange, and install a new ice (with 1 counter).
Use an already installed Melange twice for $14 (with 3 counters).
Also, it is really helpful against Viruses:
You can both Purge and Install ice in one turn! Perfect for when you are getting your R&D crushed by Noise.
Purge on the same turn you installed and possibly even advanced an agenda, with the hope that because you purged Crypsis and Datasuckers, they can’t get to it in time. (Note: Install and advance the agenda first. Then use the counters to get enough clicks to Purge).

Finally, there is another, potentially even stronger interaction:
Efficiency counters + Shipments from Kaguya + Trick of Light. Archived Memories can also be added.

For example:
Install Agenda.
Advance it.
Use two efficiency counters.
Shipment, Archive, Shipment.
Score 3/2 agenda.

To score bigger agendas, throw in a Trick of light.


Efficiency Committee compares favorably to all other 4/2 agendas HB has access to. It works well with a variety of cards.



Project Wotan:
While this power is pretty good, it competes with things like Priority Requisition. That said, scoring this card greatly increases the chance that you can defend one run in the future, or at least force them to pay plenty of money to manually break your Bioroids, helping you to score another agenda. A 3 point agenda that can lead to your scoring a 2 point agenda in the future is really strong, if you can manage to score it in the first place. But in many decks, especially big ice HB decks, Priority Requisition does it better.

Sentinel Defense Program:
It combos with your Viktor 2.0 counters, and enhances the HB kill potential, but it’s really made for one specific deck. Don’t use it in anything that isn’t very focused on killing the runner. It’s also a 4/2 agenda. Scoring this will be a big warning to the runner to be careful, so I think it’s going to be pretty hard to make it work.

Alix T4LB07:
I’m finding this a bit hard to use. It needs defense, and needs time and money to get going, before it can give you a good return. Rather than a way to get money in the first place, it’s looking like a way to get more money if you already have enough to defend it in the first place. Its good with effects like Howler and Midori that give extra installs, and it will probably improve in the future when more effect rez things on the opponent turn, or install multiple cards. Its great if this is in play when you score a Director Haas’ Pet Project.
There is high potential here but it has its difficulties.

Cerebral Overwriter:
Best in Jinteki, or in an HB with lots of Jinteki net damage cards. Works well in decks trying to score 5/3 agendas. In a fast advance or never advance type deck, you would play Edge of World over this if you want traps.
While a lethal Junebug is better than this, this is much better than a non-lethal Junebug, because it sets you up to kill them later.

Director Haas:
I don’t like this card, because I feel its drawback is quite extreme. Using Director Haas essentially inflates the number of agenda points in your deck. The runner can score this by paying the $5 even if found in your R&D or Hand.
If you use this card to Fast Advance something, then you are STILL sticking a card that’s worth 2 points to the runner into play where they can get it. And you paid $3 to rez her.
SanSan is far stronger. It’s an upgrade not an asset, so it can exist in a server with other things. It basically does a similar thing, but doesn’t give the runner 2 points when trashed. You can of course self-trash Director Haas in the future if it survives a turn, to prevent the 2 point gain, however if you do that then you basically just used a really risky Biotic Labor.

Haas Arcology AI:
It’s not as good as SanSan, because it’s an asset, not upgrade, requires initial investment to turn on, at which point it might be killed, and has a much lower trash cost. But when it works its better than Biotic Labor, because it’s basically multiple Biotics.

This has a place in decks that are installing and advancing a variety of things. This, trap, agendas, Thomas Haas.

The best thing about this card is that if running your remote is expensive, then its basically a good trap (advanceable), but if they dont run it, its a Biotic Labor or two. You can have it installed on a SanSan, use it, trash it to install a 4/2, and score the 4/2.

I think its a good card as an alternate Biotic Labor where you really want to go: Install, Advance (Advance?). While it wont punish like an Aggressive Secretary, it will do something still if NOT run.

Thomas Haas:
Thomas is the trap that, if not run, allows you to recoup your money investment. That’s pretty decent, because it reduces the downside of traps. Of course, it also has less upside, it won’t wreck someone like a Secretary would, if they run it.
If someone plays a card and advances it, and I don’t run it, and they advance it more but don’t score it, I’m probably leaving it alone forever. Unless I think it’s a Ronin I’m leaving it alone. So there isn’t really that much to gain from continuing to advance it. If it failed to induce a run at first, it’s not going to induce a run later.
This card should be considered in a deck with 5/3 agendas or even Mandatory Upgrades, as a no risk trap. If they infiltrate it your time isn’t wasted, you get the money back.
This isn’t an economy card, it’s a trap. Look at is as mainly a trap that doesn’t hurt you badly if it fails to induce a run. It also hides money form a Siphon.

Bioroid Efficiency Research:
It’s not nearly as good as Oversight AI, because it costs more, and it doesn’t work on every big ice, only Bioroids. And Bioroids are inherently more breakable. While Janus, Ichi2, and Heimdall2 aren’t completely breakable for clicks, and are thus the potential targets for this, E3 crushes it. E3 lets them walk through this and derez it.
It’s true that this card only derezzes the ice, where Oversight trashes it. However, if your goal is to use a huge ice that you would never want to actually pay for, for free until broken, then you don’t really care that the ice is still around but unrezzed. Oversight AI is a much better way to do this. Also, I think Awakening Center does what this does a bit more efficiently, except on the very largest Bioroids. So basically this is useful on Janus, if they don’t have E3.

Successful Demonstration:
My testing with this has been very high-variance, and hasn’t lived up to my hopes, in HB. Sometimes it’s awesome. Sometimes it clogs your hand and is unusable. I haven’t found it to be a very reliable money card in HB, too much of your ice can be clicked through. That said, I think it’s still great in Weyland, where the +$1 return helps, and Weyland is better at outright stopping runs. It’s also strong in Replicating Perfection, it makes it so you can put simply End the Run ice at the end of a central server. If they run it and end the run, then run your remote, you can play this and get some actual money in Jinteki. So I feel this is weak in HB but potentially strong as a splash for other corps.

Heimdall 2.0:
It’s a beast, but not generally worth $11. However, if your deck has some ways to get this for free, like Beta Tests that you actually plan to activate, Priority Requisition, Oversight AI, or even Howler, it can be good. I wouldn’t put it into decks that weren’t trying to get it for free at least some of the time, however.

Howler:
It’s too bad that this card doesn’t force them to encounter the ice, because that would just be amazing. Still, it probably ends the run, its good behind a Chum, and you get a credit for the install on the runner turn, if you’re EtF. It can recur ice from Archives, and it’s a nice surprise. You can leave it on HQ and then rez it and put out a Heimdall 2.0 when they Siphon you.
So far I’ve been trying to use it in combination with Chum, and the results have been mixed.

Ichi 2.0:
It lives up to being a slightly bigger and more expensive Ichi. Its better when its free, and better behind a Chum than Ichi 1.0, better against E3 or the 1-link identities, but quite vulnerable to shutdown. Overall, I think its slightly worse than Ichi 1.0, but better in the right deck. It’s also 3 influence, so it’s harder for NBN to use, which is sad.
The trace 3 is significantly more relevant thatn trace 1, and adds a couple $ to the cost to break it, which successfully compensates for the increased cost.

Minelayer:
It’s okay at defending one server with a ridiculous number of ice, if they let you, but even in that case it ends up being a bad popup window. I haven’t been happy with Minelayer in general when I’ve tried it, I pretty much cut it right away after being disappointed.

Viktor 2.0:
Well, I wanted to see a Code Gate that that would crush the opponent if they hit it without clicks. If it did: Brain, Brain+End, then that would be a vicious surprise, even if lower strength. I would be perfectly fine with it being countered by Yog if it could surprise them early for 2 brain.

But this version struggles to even do its 1 brain, because now it’s a trace. While it combos with the Sentinels agenda, in all other cases it’s basically a lot worse.

On the other hand, it is good at FORCING the runner to pay 2 clicks to go through a code gate. Yog requires two counters to get through it, so it can run them out of counters. While Tollbooth is much harder to get through, it is more vulnerable to femme and shutdown. Viktor is mid cost.

Overall, this is a reasonable card if you need to force them to click through a code gate. Its not as efficient as Eli, but as far as code gates go, its okay as one that isnt completely crushed by Yog. And that can be important sometimes.

Zed 1.0:
Very conditional, does nothing on its own, requires being positioned behind other ice. The drawbacks are too much to make it worth trying to use this, even though the upside of a potential cheap 2 brain damage would be awesome. Basically, if this ever works is crazy good, but it will work so infrequently that it’s not really worth playing.

Awakening Center:
This doesn’t have surprise value, because you have to rez it and install on it first, which really limits it. You’re not going to shock the runner with an unexpected Bioroid. It will be very expected and planned for. That makes it pretty similar to Bioroid Efficiency Research. Its better on the ~8 cost Bioroids like Ichi2 and Heimdall. It’s worse on the truly huge ones.

Tyr’s Hand:
This is great with Heimdall 2.0, and maybe Ichi 2.0, against someone without E3. Other than that it’s pretty bad. Two of them together, for one of those Ice, will counter an E3.
If I was going to play this card, I would do it in a deck with Heimdall 2.0, to try and nail them with 2 brain damage, and then I would have a deck that was really attempting to turn that 2 brain damage into kills. I don’t think this makes the cut anywhere else.

Gila Hands Arcology:
I’ve been quite happy scoring this early in HB, where it easily replaces a False Lead in many current builds. You could even run three of these, cutting a 4/2 agenda and another card for them. (You could then keep one scored 3/1 agenda, and forfeit any others? To Archer I don’t know). At the very least, replacing 1 False Lead with this improves HB decks, and might improve some Jinteki decks to replace 1-2 false leads.

Levy University:
Overpriced Crap. This is just way too expensive to tutor for ice, is vulnerable everywhere, and it doesn’t even help you that much, because what’s the point of tutoring for surprise 1-of ice, when you have to SHOW it to the runner?
I’m never going to play this card, because my goal in Netrunner is not to pay lots of money to show my ice to the runner.

Server Diagnostics:
It’s pretty terrible, because it requires defense, so it’s occupying an important server, and if you wait long enough that this actually starts paying off, you’ll be neglecting to ice your centrals, while agendas are building up there. It has the most hope in Jinteki:RP, but I don’t think so.

Bastion:
A reasonable alternative to Wall of Static, but what I really wish they would give us are cheaper neutral ice, not more expensive ones. How great would a 0 cost, 0 strength barrier be? Amazing. The main benefit of this is to help you build a deck with ice of varying strengths, so that Atman doesn’t counter you.

Datapike:
Similarly, this is a slightly bigger Enigma, with different pain. Its better against 4th click runs, and I think it’s a slightly better card than Enigma as a result. However, they are both crushed by Yog. Again, how great would 0 cost 0 strength End the Run code gate have been instead? You could play that, force the Yog, and have spent no money. I think Datapike is usually slightly worse than Engima, but it depends.


Runner Cards:
Reille “Kit” Peddler:
I think she has the most potential of any of the new Shaper identities, because she has a strong, in-game power. She is really good at making one run a turn, and should be built with cards that support that. However, her low influence is a drawback, and you can play around her power sometimes by just sticking popups in front of servers. I think Kate is probably still the best shaper ID, but its close.

Initial OCTGN data has Kit and Kate as the top two IDs for Shaper, within 1% win rate of each other. I feel that these two make good but different decks, while the other shaper IDs lag behind.

The Professor:
No in game power, but all the programs. Sahasrara is insane in this deck archetype, and the fact that it exists means that a deck with 30 programs has a chance. Still, I think I’d rather be Noise with a ton of Virus programs instead. If the Professor is ever to be viable, he hinges on effects like Sahasrara, Freelance Coding Contract, and Self Modifying Code.

Exile:
Has potential, but I fear that to make use of him you are forced to include various cards that are ‘decent’, but not amazing.

Escher:
Great to use once a game, in the midgame, after revealing lots of ice. Requires prior aggression in many areas. Helps a deck that is only good at attacking one central to overcome that weakness. This is a card you almost certainly want one of in shaper. You might want two to help draw it.

Exploratory Romp:
Wow this is bad. Infiltration is a good card, because it saves you from running at all. If you infiltrate an agenda, you’ll go get it. If you infiltrate a trap, no run required. With this, you still run that trap, you just disarm it, and then you run it AGAIN to see if it was an agenda. Ugh.
If you are using this to pull counters off an Ice Wall, then it’s not really efficient, because you have to break through everything just to remove the three counters.
Basically this has one use. It’s good against undefended advanced cards (like in a Jinteki deck that will throw out tons of things, and then advance some of them without ice). That is its only useful purpose. If they put ice in front, then an infiltration would’ve been better.
Add this to the list of terrible Jinteki hate cards that don’t need to exist. We can’t get any counters to certain things that need them, but we get infinite numbers of bad Jinteki counters?

Freelance Coding Contract: ?? Could end up being way better or worse, it’s really hard to tell.
Well, if you take Organ Donor, which was great in a certain deck (with lots of Bodyweight Synthetic Blood), and then you make it only work on discarding programs, and then you make Bodyweight Synthetic Blood cost $3 instead and be limited to 3 copies, is this still good?
I don’t know, but you’ll need a ton of programs in your deck to try it. At least that deck gets to make good use of Sahasrara! I suspect you can make decent use of this in that deck by playing 3-ofs of your icebreakers and stuff, and then later in the game draw your 1-of of this card and pitch all the extras, after playing a Quality Time.
Additionally, it could be considered in Noise for 1 influence, to help if you’re flooded by a Wyldside.
Organ Donor WAS a great card in original. This is far more limited but it still has that potential.

Scavenge:
Combos with Test Run. This is a combo card, and its bad without combo pieces, but potentially awesome with them. If we eventually get to Test Run/Scavenge something amazing that costs 15, it could become very strong. As it is, its pretty good. The ability to Scavenge a used Imp to replace counters, or to get a different program, like a Parasite, is very good.

I feel that one major theme of shapers will be parasite recursion, and this makes Scavenge strong.

Levy AR Lab Access:
Despite the fact that you can construct a deck with this that will be able to play Account Siphon 36 times, (3 Siphon + 3 Same Old Thing + 3 Déjà vu, all used once, then repeat all 9 of them for each of three Levy AR Lab Accesses), it’s just pretty inefficient.
Maybe some silly combo will arise later on to break this. Maybe we will eventually make decks with all burst economy cards and no sustained economy, and we will need to play this lategame and recycle them in order to get enough money. Barring that I’m not playing this.

Its likely that in the future, maybe the far future, some combo will arise and make this important. Its also an anti-Jinteki hate card if they are decking you.

Monolith:
Why. Every Shaper player has been thinking for months: “If only shaper could get a nice, useful, CHEAP console that would help us be fast and aggressive, then shaper might get good”. They gave us the exact opposite of that, in this monstrosity.
With Monolith, you not only do nothing forever, you even hoard your breakers in your hand, so that when you can play the monolith, you can dump them into play. This card takes the bad shaper play of doing nothing but build a rig for a long time at the start of the game, and takes it to the utmost extreme level.
It’s like (early) Magic. Blue gets the good spells. Green gets a terrible overpriced fatty.

Feedback Filter:
It’s actually the best anti-damage card in the game right now, so it’s a reasonable meta card if you need that. HB has a lot more damage now, including brain damage, and this is the best answer. Still, it’s a narrow meta card.

Clone Chip:
Combos with Self-Modifying Code and Stimhack, and with Replicator. 6 tutors could be nice. Also recurs 1-of, tutored for programs like Crescentus, Parasite, etc.
Helps make Sahasrara continue to have uses be recurring programs to use.
Also lets you make plays like running through an Ichi, then retrieving the needed program to break something behind it.

I've been very happy with this in combination with Kate, Replicator, and programs that trash like Parasite and Crescentus. Of course, that (or Exile replicator) is the optimal situation, but its definitely 4* in that particular deck.

Omni-Drive:
Good with Djinn, though that might not be a combo that happens often. I think that the best uses of Omni Drive are in the future. At some point we’ll get a program with a credit activation cost that we’ll really want to discount and use constantly.

Atman:
I really like Atman, provided you’re also playing Datasuckers. It’s like a multi-femme, for various ice in a certain strength range. Pick about 3-4 for Atman and then add datasuckers, and you’re handling big ice inexpensively! It’s very strong, and combos well with breakers that are good against low strength things but not big Ice.

This one might actually be even better than this, it has some huge potential. Its very good at crushing large problematic ice. Its existence forces corps to include a variety of ice strengths in their deck.

I've varied on this one between 'probably the best card in the set' and 'one of the five best cards in the set'. Its clearly up there. I think it might be the best, and the most game impacting. Atman's existence shapes your ice choices greatly. With Datasuckers, its very strong.

Cloak:
It’s decent, though a memory hog. A bigger, tow credit version of this is what I really want to play.

Dagger:
Will improve in the future if we get a good 2 Stealth bit source. Needs more stealth stuff to be reliable.

Chakana:
Chakana is really bad. If you were hoping for a counter to fast advance, this is not it.
Compare this to Medium. When you build up Medium to three counters, you are getting bonus accesses. The corp needs to purge quickly or else your built up medium could crush them.
Shapers are already faced with corps icing R&D heavily against them. You have to highly defend R&D against Shaper because of R&D interface, Indexing, Makers Eye, etc. Everyone knows that R&D is the primary Shaper attack. As a result, this card is three expensive R&D runs in order to force one virus wipe, but without much pressure to do it instantly.
Chakana competes with way too many other Shaper R&D attack cards, that are all better than it.

Cyber-Cypher:
Decent for a deck that is locked in to attacking one central server (R&D). It combos very well with Escher. I think this will mostly get used in Kit, as one of multiple code gate breaker types, because she really wants to have one code gate breaker right away, so you need more of them in your deck. With self-modifying code you can pick the right one for the job, so it could make sense to have Yog, and This, and Gordian, all in the same deck.
But that might be the only deck I’d consider this for.

Paricia:
Best in a deck with Pawnshop, in a meta with Pad Campaigns and stuff. Has high upside in that situation. In normal metas, it probably won’t see play, but it’s a good option in an asset spam meta.

Self-Modifying Code
I am thrilled about this card, because it’s a cheaper Test Run that works mid-run at instant speed, using Stimhack Money. This is the program tutor Shapers have been waiting for.
It’s actually a lot better than Test Run in most cases (except when returning a lost program from the trash, or using Scavenge). I think this replaces Test Run in most Shaper decks and is massively superior to it for most uses.
It also allows you to get things like a 1-of Sneakdoor for a surprise attack, 1-of Imp as a counter to Scorched Earths or Fast-Advance cards in their hand, 1-of Djinn as an MU source an tutor engine, etc.

Note: Kate can activate the Self-Modifying Code on the opponent turn, and get a discount, essentially getting a $1 tutor.

Sahasrara:
After playing with this card in Noise, Its crazy in him. Its the best card for Noise in the set. It might be the best overall card, but only if heavy program decks become a big thing. Outside of Noise its merely good, in a deck with enough programs.

It’s completely, completely insane in a program heavy deck. It could be a 5* card if every deck was a program heavy deck, but they aren’t.
Played early in Noise, the first Sahasrara has been generating 15 to 20 credits or so during the game. That is crazy. That’s Account-Siphon level of credit swing. The reprinted Zetatech Software Installer, and they thought a cost of 2 would balance it.
This card is probably even better for Noise than Workshop, and it costs only 2 influence.

Inti:
Looks terrible to many, but isn’t. It’s definitely worse than Corroder, we know that, but if you are using Atman to break high strength barriers, this fills in for cheap ones, and extras can be Easy Marks with a Pawnshop.
If we ever get a 0 cost, 0 strength End the Run barrier, this will be great against it.

I'm actally liking this a lot in a deck with Atman and Datasucker. You Atman the bigger walls. Inti gets the Ice Walls, for incredibly cheap.

Professional Contacts:
My opinion of this has grown greatly through play. its actually a good card in the right deck, and I wrote an article on why:

I still can be bad if you dont get it early, especially if you cut Diesel and QTime from your deck in order to play it. But if you get it early its GOOD. Really good. The effect is actually stronger than Opus, since you can combine your economy and draw clicks into one type of click, and therefore you get to use this more than you might an Opus. Iits efficiency is higher.

It requires that you have a significant number of economy cards in your deck, because otherwise you are poor and dont have things you can play, so you can use it and then discard, which is bad.

You really want to play a lot of low click economy cards with it, like Daily Casts, Sure Gamble, Dirty Laundry, Modded, etc.

Unlike Opus, it doesnt open you up to program trashing. But it does have risk to tags. So you would probably only play this in a deck that already wants to avoid tags.

Here is a good, very simple way of looking at this:

Magnum Opus: 2 clicks = $2 + 1 Card.
Pro Contracts: 2 clicks = $2 + 2 Cards.
(Note: not 100% accurate since an Opus deck will gian benefit from Diesel and QTime).

Better than Opus (but limited). Doesnt cost 2 MU!
Its a reasonable engine for the right decks.




Borrowed Satellite:
Meh. It does what it does, and if you need link and hand size you could play this card, but it’s not very exciting at all. I’d actually like this card a lot more if it was Hardware, since it wouldn’t be trashable if tagged, and people could get discounts on it.

Ice Analyzer:
Similar to Compromised Employee, but easier to put out at the start. Its main problem is that it does a similar thing to Sahasrara (give discounts on programs), but it’s just not nearly as strong of a card.

Dirty Laundry:
This card is really good.
It’s an Easy Mark plus a bonus click, if the run that you made was a run you actually wanted to do. In a pinch, it can probably be used to run Archives as an Easy Mark, with no influence cost, but it also combos with Desperado and Datasucker to provide bonus value. In the best case, it’s basically a Modded that triggers on making a run instead of installing a card that costs 3 or more.

Daily Casts:
Extremely strong in any deck that is avoiding tags. It’s another good reason to avoid tags, which is nice, because otherwise Tag-Me Siphon decks get out of hand.
It’s even better and faster with Aesop’s Pawnshop.
Essentially this card is a +$5 Sure Gamble that waits 4 turns to pay you. With Pawnshop it’s a +$6 Sure Gamble after only 3 turns. That payoff is pretty fast, and this isn’t click intensive.
Its way better than Armitage Codebusting.
Armitage Codebusting actually provides the same economy as playing a Daily Casts, and then clicking for $1 six times. While Daily Casts requires 4 turns to achieve the payoff, Armitage also doesn’t pay instantly, it takes at least a couple turns to drain it. So this new card is pretty much massively superior to Armitage. It achieves pretty much the same goal without forcing you to take six $1 clicks. But if you NEED to, you can of course still take those six $1 clicks, and get some money faster. But hopefully you can do better things, like draw cards and play a Sure Gamble. I pretty much think that most people should directly swap Daily Casts in for their Armitage, if they hadn’t cut them already.

Any card that is basically the same as a previously reasonable card, but with “You don’t have to take six $1 click to use it”, is a fantastic card.
This card is crazy good in Noise, with Wyldside. One of Noise’s problems is that he struggles to get REAL money. He can get discounts all over the place for his installs, from Sahasrara, Workshop, or Cyberfeeder. But he also needs some REAL money.
He also doesn’t have lots of clicks available, due to spending one on Wyldside to draw, and then needing to play those cards. So Armitage and Liberated Accounts actually kind of suck for him.
Throw in Daily Casts, which gives him lots of money within a few turns, combos with Pawnshop, and most importantly takes only one click to play, and you have the ideal Noise ‘real money’ engine.
I think this is probably the second best card in the set.

Same Old Thing:
This card is good because of Account Siphon, mostly in a Tag-Me version. But you generally can’t play it except on the turn you’re going to use it, because it could get trashed due to your tags, so it can clog your hand. It’s a lot weaker if no Siphons are available. It also tends to be weak when things aren’t going well.
I’m not quite as thrilled by it as I was initially, after trying it out. When you’re trying to afford a Crypsis and money to run and make the first Siphon work, and you have this, you might be frustrated that it’s not a normal economy card.

The Source:
It’s an anti-Fast Advance card, but has a lot of drawbacks. It’s at its best when you have Imp, and you Imp the agendas you find away. Then later you Pawnshop it, and go take the agendas from Archives. I don’t think it’s actually very playable in non-Imp decks.


Overall Set Review:
Runners got several crazy good new economy cards. Daily Casts and Dirty Laundry are great NEUTRAL runner economy cards. Sahasrara is insane in Noise and other program heavy decks. Same Old Thing is great in Siphon decks. Shapers got a good program tutor, a nice new breaker in Atman, and a strong event in Escher. All runners got massively, massively buffed. Their economies just got way more powerful, their decks faster.

Corps that aren’t HB got almost nothing. Maybe a couple of them will like Successful Demonstration.
The neutral ice is practically identical to existing neutral ice. They didn’t get any strong counters to Account Siphon, to Noise Milling, or other problems.
HB got slightly better agendas. Efficiency Committee will be better than PSF or Corp War for many HB decks. Gila Hands Arcology and Director Haas’ Pet Project are better than False Lead.
HB got to be better at traps and killing people, so that they can do everything now.
Corps in general didn’t get any amazing economy cards, only a couple okay ones. They didn’t get good cheap ice, just a couple HB specific decent expensive ice.

HB’s gains lagged behind that of all runners, and all other corps gains lagged FAR behind that of all runners.

Netrunner started out pretty close to even, but slightly in the runner’s favor.
WLA made it more in the runner’s favor, except for Weyland which got Project Atlas.
Cyber Exodus made it more in the runners’ favor, except for HB, which got a 2nd 3/2 agenda.
Future Proof made it more in the runners’ favor, except for NBN getting a big boost.
C&C makes it even more in the runner’s favor, as the runner economies and power level have just been getting better, faster, more efficient, and more powerful, while getting even more counters and more tools to stop various corp strategies.
Corps haven’t been getting get more good cheap ice to save their life, or more good ice in general. They can’t get a counter to any runner strategy. They can’t get good economy cards. We are still sitting on Melange, Adonis, Hedge Fund, and the HB:EtF ability from the core set as the best ways for the corp to make money. Runners have raced past them in all areas. We keep getting new runner cards that are economy upgrades over earlier cards. We keep getting corp economy cards that are okay, and might make the cut as the worst economy card in your deck. Green Level Clearance, Marked Accounts, Private Contracts, Eve Campaign. These cards are all decent, but they are maintaining the power level, while the runner’s power level increases again and again.
There have been sets that have made individual corps gain ground, where that corp got a great card. The game is in desperate need of several strong, neutral corp cards. A good small ice, a good big ice, a good economy card, and some counters to the best runner strategies would be greatly appreciated.
23 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you be able to edit your post and explicitly state which cards you've played with and which ones you haven't?

Also for the the cards that you have used, can you give an estimate of the number of games?

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
It’s like Magic. Blue gets the good spells. Green gets a terrible overpriced fatty.


O RLY?



Edit:

To be OT, I always find your thoughts interesting Alex, yet so many times a month or two passes and cards you've said were terrible turn out to be pretty good. I guess this should be the part that I cite an example, but I can't.

Thanks for the insights, but if you haven't tried the cards I really don't see how you can truely judge them properly.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kingjames01 wrote:
Would you be able to edit your post and explicitly state which cards you've played with and which ones you haven't?

Also for the the cards that you have used, can you give an estimate of the number of games?



Played so far (from a couple to ~6 games each):

Director Haas' Pet Project,
Efficiency Committee
Gila Hands Arcology
Successful Demonstration
Heimdall 2.0
Ichi 2.0
Howler
Minelayer
Datapike
Bastion

Reille "Kit" Peddler
Escher
Self-Modifying Code
Sahasrara
Atman
Dirty Laundry
Daily Casts
Same Old Thing


Early ratings of cards are, of course, less reliable than ratings or opinions of cards that have been around a while.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:

To be OT, I always find your thoughts interesting Alex, yet so many times a month or two passes and cards you've said were terrible turn out to be pretty good. I guess this should be the part that I cite an example, but I can't.


You'll need to cite examples, because I disagree. I think this happens infrequently. I'll give you one to start: Vamp. Which I made a post on three weeks later saying it was very good in the right situation. And even then, its not like we are seeing Vamp all over the place. Its more like: ooh look, this deck uses Vamp!

I'm not saying my ratings are perfect, or that I havent made mistakes. Just not 'many times every month or two'.


So: What cards have I said were terrible that are being played a lot?
And lets not count things like "I think X card is a 3 and you said 2!"
Because every single person has their own preferences and little disagreements, and its not possible to make lists that everyone agrees with, because no one will ever agree on everything.


Are there any very prevalent, good cards, that I rated poorly? Or alternately, cards I rated really high that arent getting any play?

Quote:

Thanks for the insights, but if you haven't tried the cards I really don't see how you can truely judge them properly.


Its obviously not as good as having played with the cards for months. But at this point, none of us have played with the cards for months, if we arent FFG playtesters. So I'm doing my best with the info I have so far, and then generally if I will discuss surprises later on.
I don't claim the ratings are perfect. They're my current initial impressions.

Also, if any individual person read my thread and agreed on every single card, then it would be completely pointless and they would gain nothing from it, because they already knew everything that I said.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Quote:
It’s like Magic. Blue gets the good spells. Green gets a terrible overpriced fatty.


O RLY?


I meant EARLY magic.
Yes, after a bunch of years (like, more than 10!) they started making good green creatures.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
kingjames01 wrote:
Would you be able to edit your post and explicitly state which cards you've played with and which ones you haven't?

Also for the the cards that you have used, can you give an estimate of the number of games?



Played so far (from a couple to ~6 games each):

Director Haas' Pet Project,
Efficiency Committee
Gila Hands Arcology
Successful Demonstration
Heimdall 2.0
Ichi 2.0
Howler
Minelayer
Datapike
Bastion

Reille "Kit" Peddler
Escher
Self-Modifying Code
Sahasrara
Atman
Dirty Laundry
Daily Casts
Same Old Thing


Thanks! That's really useful information to know when I'm reading through your comments.


Alexfrog wrote:

Early ratings of cards are, of course, less reliable than ratings or opinions of cards that have been around a while.


Yeah, factors I always keep in mind when reading 'card reviews' are time frame and experience with the cards.

Thanks for posting your thoughts!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksi Laitinen
Finland
flag msg tools
Avatar
The Source can be sold to Aesop's Pawnshop. Play The Source, set up your rig, pawnshop The Source, go steal things.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilson
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
locusshifter wrote:
Quote:
It’s like Magic. Blue gets the good spells. Green gets a terrible overpriced fatty.


O RLY?


I meant EARLY magic.
Yes, after a bunch of years (like, more than 10!) they started making good green creatures.


Heh, like me, Alex is probably old enough to think of Magic as "a game I played in the mid 90s."

Every time I see a power card from the old Netrunner show up with just minor tinkering (e.g. Personal Workshop, Sahasara), I think: ooh, I wonder if that will be good? And lo, it usually is.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A1win wrote:
The Source can be sold to Aesop's Pawnshop. Play The Source, set up your rig, pawnshop The Source, go steal things.


Yes. Better, you Imp agendas that the corp plays early on, then late you go take them from archives after pawning.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
laikal wrote:

Heh, like me, Alex is probably old enough to think of Magic as "a game I played in the mid 90s."


I started playing it when I discovered in 1994, in 8th grade. Played a ton from 1994-2000. Have played periodically since then, mostly in 2005-2006 (Kamigawa/Ravnica), 2009-2010 (Alara/M10/Zendikar). At this point I am pretty much willing to play Magic Cube drafts, but not interested in spending money on it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally agree with the last bit. The corp cards are getting quite sad. I'd say this set favours HB over Shapers, but I haven't played with it so my theorycrafting isn't quite reliable, I must admit.

I really wonder, since the next cycle concentrates on Bad Publicity, if that would favour the corps a lot more. For example between Elizabeth Mills and Frame Job, it seems like the corp has a lot more power over Bad Pub than runner side. But without seeing more cards it's obviously just conjecture.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
locusshifter wrote:
Quote:
It’s like Magic. Blue gets the good spells. Green gets a terrible overpriced fatty.


O RLY?


I meant EARLY magic.
Yes, after a bunch of years (like, more than 10!) they started making good green creatures.


Ernie says hi! http://magiccards.info/an/en/32.html
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mara
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I like your ratings, and I'd judge these cards similarly. I'm generally disappointed with Creation and Control, though there are a few interesting cards, Shapers didn't get the boost they needed.


Nevertheless, I think these ratings could be higher:

Although Bioroid Efficiency Program isn't as good as Oversight AI and bioroid ice is vulnerable to e3, well not everyone is going to be carrying around e3 or enough copies of it to reliably get it out fast. I think BEP should be a 3.0. The fact that it only gets derezzed upon being broken through is also nice.

Clone Chip is great with Parasite. I'd give a 3.5.


I think several of your ratings could be .5-1 stars lower, including those for: Project Wotan, Alix, Howler, Ichi 2.0, Minelayer, The Professor, Exile, Omni-Drive, and I also think The Source is poor.


Besides that, I'm pretty much equal with everything else, including:

Successful Demonstration is strong but too conditional, so deserves a 3.

Sahasrara is such a beast.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Benzein
Sweden
Sollentuna
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I like your review, found myself agreeing to most of it.
Don't think Kit will live up to the hype but that remains to be seen.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mara
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ilza wrote:
I like your review, found myself agreeing to most of it.
Don't think Kit will live up to the hype but that remains to be seen.


Yeah, well, I also don't think Kit will live up to the hype, but I'm thinking that is more to do with the rest of Shaper cards not being good enough to supplant her. If she was a Criminal, then we'd actually notice how insane she is.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
Totally agree with the last bit. The corp cards are getting quite sad. I'd say this set favours HB over Shapers, but I haven't played with it so my theorycrafting isn't quite reliable, I must admit.

I really wonder, since the next cycle concentrates on Bad Publicity, if that would favour the corps a lot more. For example between Elizabeth Mills and Frame Job, it seems like the corp has a lot more power over Bad Pub than runner side. But without seeing more cards it's obviously just conjecture.


I hope that the next cycle is going to be like:

Corp does something CRAZY AWESOME and gets 1 bad pub, like rezzes some cheap, awesome ice, that crushes you.
Corp removes Bad pub with (something).


In high level netrunner play, whats been getting worse and worse over time, is that Corp decks havent been getting much better economy, or defense, or much of anything, except for like 1 good agenda each, like 1 good ice each, and maybe 1-2 cards.

Meanwhile, runners get faster and faster and faster, more consistent, better and more consistent economically, better at multi-accessing servers, and have received good counters to most corp strategies: Meat Damage (Plascrete), net Damage (various), Bioroids (E3), etc.


Playing corp against a strong runner feels fairly hopeless at this point, unless everything goes right, or you get some miracle with a high variance effect like Beta Test, or yo manage to waste all their time for the whole game going after SanSan after SanSan.


Strong players can still beat average players pretty well as corp. They make poor decisions about when to run (either not enough, or inefficiently running through ice for single card accesses). They die to damage or traps more often. They run with insufficient preparation for the ice that can reasonably be expected to exist, and get wrecked by Ichis, Rototurrets, etc. They leave SanSan alone and let you score 4 times with it, etc.


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great post. Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:


This proves my point. This was like, the best of the best.
A 4 mana 4/5 with a potentially significant disadvantage.

Today, 4 mana 4/5s also get multiple abilities.



The old green guy gave opposing creatures forestwalk.

This guy is uncounterable, untargetable (by opponents only), and regenerates. Okay he is only 4/4. Um...he regenerates. So who cares.


4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Finkle
msg tools
I think you're underrating Levy University quite a bit. It does a lot of things:

1) Lets you draw Ice. Taking an action to draw a card is bad because you can draw an agenda. Taking an action to guaranteed draw Ice is amazing, because you're putting untrashable non-agendas in your hand, making your HQ harder to hit, as well as giving you the resources to reinforce any server that needs it
2) Grab pinpoint Ice. When your opponent drops Yog.0, go find your 4+ strength Code Gates. They've got Ninja? Find your 3 and 6 strength sentries. Missing a Fracter? Load up on Ice Walls, Wall of Statics, or Bastions and force them to go find one. There's lots of times when one specific piece of ice is a major burden to the runner, and being able to find all of your copies of it for (relatively) cheap is amazing.
3) Assemble Ice Combos. There's a lot of cards like Whirlpool, Howler, Minelayer, Cell Portal, Zed, Data Mine, Chum, Sensei, etc that are only good in specific situations in conjunction with other Ice. Being able to grab those Ice in exactly the order you need allows you to set up killer combos. Will the runner see it coming? Sure. But you can use that to your advantage; after you tutor up Howler + Janus + Whirlpool, the runner is going to terrified of running anywhere where you drop two facedown Ice.

Is it the best card in the game? Hardly. But it's a Corp version of Djinn, and that's pretty solid. Sure, it has a one trash cost, but so does MMC and that card is amazing.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EndTheRun wrote:

I think several of your ratings could be .5-1 stars lower,



Lol, if our only disagreements are quibbles about half stars, I'd say we pretty much agree as completely as its reasonably possible for two people to agree.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wildfire393 wrote:
I think you're underrating Levy University quite a bit.


Alright, well I think its EXTREMELY TERRIBLE!

Make a deck with it? Prove me wrong?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wildfire393 wrote:
I think you're underrating Levy University quite a bit. It does a lot of things:

1) Lets you draw Ice. Taking an action to draw a card is bad because you can draw an agenda. Taking an action to guaranteed draw Ice is amazing, because you're putting untrashable non-agendas in your hand, making your HQ harder to hit, as well as giving you the resources to reinforce any server that needs it
2) Grab pinpoint Ice. When your opponent drops Yog.0, go find your 4+ strength Code Gates. They've got Ninja? Find your 3 and 6 strength sentries. Missing a Fracter? Load up on Ice Walls, Wall of Statics, or Bastions and force them to go find one. There's lots of times when one specific piece of ice is a major burden to the runner, and being able to find all of your copies of it for (relatively) cheap is amazing.
3) Assemble Ice Combos. There's a lot of cards like Whirlpool, Howler, Minelayer, Cell Portal, Zed, Data Mine, Chum, Sensei, etc that are only good in specific situations in conjunction with other Ice. Being able to grab those Ice in exactly the order you need allows you to set up killer combos. Will the runner see it coming? Sure. But you can use that to your advantage; after you tutor up Howler + Janus + Whirlpool, the runner is going to terrified of running anywhere where you drop two facedown Ice.

Is it the best card in the game? Hardly. But it's a Corp version of Djinn, and that's pretty solid. Sure, it has a one trash cost, but so does MMC and that card is amazing.


Except for one important thing, the revealing of the ICE. I understand that's probably there to prevent cheating, but the corps power is in hidden information, and this goes against that. If it allowed you to draw any ICE and not reveal it? Well sure that would be very powerful.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EndTheRun wrote:
Ilza wrote:
I like your review, found myself agreeing to most of it.
Don't think Kit will live up to the hype but that remains to be seen.


Yeah, well, I also don't think Kit will live up to the hype, but I'm thinking that is more to do with the rest of Shaper cards not being good enough to supplant her. If she was a Criminal, then we'd actually notice how insane she is.


Yeah this. I think Kit is quite good, though her support isnt as strong as the Criminal cards.

If she ends up not getting played because no shaper ends up getting played, then thats not really a mark against her.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mara
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
EndTheRun wrote:

I think several of your ratings could be .5-1 stars lower,



Lol, if our only disagreements are quibbles about half stars, I'd say we pretty much agree as completely as its reasonably possible for two people to agree.


I guess I thought that .5-1 stars would drop a few of those cards from playable to niche and from niche to bad. Some of these cards I'd never seriously play with, but perhaps you are being more generous than you should be or else you'd have a response backlash on BGG where cards are generally overrated? (Looks like you're already having somewhat of a reaction from those who overrate bad cards.) In any case, yes, I think we're on the same page in terms of ratings.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.