Liu Apertotes
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi! My question is really simple. I am looking for a racing game. I've looked at Rallyman, Formula D, and a few others I do not remember the names. But looking at the game info and some reviews, it seems I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

I would love to play a racing game where cars/horses/etc. are not equal for all players. For example, one car could be faster, but slower in turns, or would brake more often, or would take longer to reach top speed. You get the idea.

Does such a game exist?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Evans
Wales
Rhondda
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know that you've already looked at Formula D but there are options in it to customise your cars. In fact, on the flip side of the standard stats are the street race stats.

Some cars have more tire wear, some more gear wear, some have special rules where a collision forces two rolls of the damage dice rather that one.

I'm not sure it's exactly what you're looking for, top speed is the same for all drivers, but it is there in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liu Apertotes
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jester Wales wrote:
I know that you've already looked at Formula D but there are options in it to customise your cars. In fact, on the flip side of the standard stats are the street race stats.

Some cars have more tire wear, some more gear wear, some have special rules where a collision forces two rolls of the damage dice rather that one.

I'm not sure it's exactly what you're looking for, top speed is the same for all drivers, but it is there in the box.

Great!! That is more or less what I was looking for. Maybe with a bit more variety, but certainly in the right direction.

Thank you very much. I'll take a closer look to Formula D reviews and rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speed circuit which is an older game lets you set your car up at the beginning of the game. You get so many points to construct your car or they might have some cars that are pre constructed but you use the points to choose your top speed, acceleration, deceleration, and number of wear points. That might be close to what you are looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't mind bad components and complex rules, Circus Maximus is fantastic fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liu Apertotes
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Both Speed Circuit and Circus Maximus look fun, but a quick search in Amazon.ca found nothing. I'll ask in Montreal local game stores, but I do not have much hopes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Rush 'n Crush has machine guns and buzz saws. Not only is each car different from the others, but it likely doesn't resemble itself very much at the end of the race.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe S
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short to be angry all the time. Smile and enjoy the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
Speed Circuit is an older game. Lots (104) for trade here and lots for sale on EBay. Pretty easy to acquire.

Actually both are older. And easy to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Arena Maximus has different chariots for each player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.