Subject: Fun and engaging for young and old rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Charades for Kids is a board game version of the popular acting out game. It’s easy enough for a 4-year-old to play, but still engaging for adults to join in.

Components and Gameboard

The game board is colorful and appealing. There are 15 spaces around the board. Circle spaces only involve two players – I’ll call them the Actor and the Guesser. Star spaces means everyone is a Guesser. The game comes with the following components:

Game board

Charade cards

Play tokens

Instructions

Game Play

The game comes with two kinds of charade cards – those with pictures and words describing what the Actor will act out, and those with just words. At the game setup, you separate these cards into two decks. This way, those players who have difficulty reading can choose the right card to act out. All players put their token on the Start space. Each player rolls the die, and the highest goes first. The game uses a special 6-sided die that repeats the numbers 1, 2, and 3.

The first player, the Actor, rolls the die and draws a card from the appropriate deck. He will act out the description that matches the die roll. If the player is too young, he will simply act out the picture on the card. The Actor acts out the charade to the player on his left. The first Guesser gets one guess. If they are wrong, play continues to the next player, and so on, until all players have tried. If a player gets it right, he moves ahead two spaces. The Actor moves one space. If no one gets it right, then no one moves at all. This is a good rule, in my opinion, because it encourages the Actor to try to act out the answer correctly.

Play continues to the left, with that player becoming the Actor, and so forth. If a player begins his turn on an All Play space (the star spaces), then all players are Guessers at the same time. Whoever guesses the answer first wins that turn. In this case, though, the Guesser and the Actor both move one space.

That’s all there is to it. The rules are very simple. The first one to the Finish space wins, and an exact count is not necessary.

Comments

Charades for Kids is a fun game that can engage the whole family. It is inclusive for all kids, and doesn’t require any reading skills. It encourages creativity and thinking. It has the same appeal as a traditional game of charades, but you don’t have to spend time trying to think of what to act out. During the times my wife and I have played with our kids, we were able to enjoy it as much as they did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.