Hide
2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Looking for Spelling Bee rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Wilson
msg tools
I have fond memories from my childhood of a board game called "Spelling Bee". I seem to remember it being Milton Bradley but could be wrong there. It was in a black box with a cartoon bee on the front.

The object was to move around the board, earning the right to do so by correctly spelling words. It consisted of 12 sets of spelling word cards, one for each grade level and within each grade level categorized by difficulty, yellow cards for easy, pink for medium, and blue for hard.

I have googled it and can find no record of its existence, not even so much as a picture. I have seen the "Paul Wing's Spelling Bee" but that's not it. My wife and kids think I'm crazy, but I know I didn't dream it. Has anyone else heard of this game, or, hope against hope, have one in good condition with complete set of spelling cards that they would be willing to part with for a moderate price?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have a clue, but can you supply any more information?

About when would have the game been published?

PS - Have no idea what percentage of the games published in English that BGG has, but it certainly isn't close to 100%.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.