Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We just lost in the last room trying to save Lily, to the cheese wheel. 2 captures, 3 centipedes, 5 greedy roaches, and minions' amazing knack for rolling defense did us in (I'm frankly surprised Lily didn't die.)

Anyway, my son, Filch, who leveled up in this chapter, was hoping that he could keep his newfound ability even though we need to do the chapter a second time. I told him I was not sure.

So when you restart a chapter after failing, do you:

1) Keep what you can from the previous chapter, as if you had succeeded?
2) Start with the exact same "stuff" you had when you first started the chapter?
3) Even lose what you started the previous chapter with, and start with only your starting equipment (which in my opinion would be dumb)?

Thanks for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ebridge wrote:
We just lost in the last room trying to save Lily, to the cheese wheel. 2 captures, 3 centipedes, 5 greedy roaches, and minions' amazing knack for rolling defense did us in (I'm frankly surprised Lily didn't die.)

Anyway, my son, Filch, who leveled up in this chapter, was hoping that he could keep his newfound ability even though we need to do the chapter a second time. I told him I was not sure.

So when you restart a chapter after failing, do you:

1) Keep what you can from the previous chapter, as if you had succeeded?
2) Start with the exact same "stuff" you had when you first started the chapter?
3) Even lose what you started the previous chapter with, and start with only your starting equipment (which in my opinion would be dumb)?

Thanks for your help.
#2 is the way to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reed
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We start over with the loot we had from the last chapter, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bubba P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wmreed wrote:
We start over with the loot we had from the last chapter, too.

This is the same answer Mr. Hawthorne provided. Start the chapter again with the same loadout you had when you started the chapter before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alky Yance
msg tools
mbmbmb
#2 is how I normally do it. However, I've also done 'reloading' the game from the last tile that we explored before we lost. I did that when I was playing with casual gamers who were just trying the game out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.