Drinky Drinky
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Mr. Cat. Hold on I think I know my next move, just give me another minute....NO!!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
So playing for about a couple of weeks I have been noticing we run into the issue of neither of us can remember which token was on which ship.

What we started doing is placing tokens on and above the pilot cards like a tableau.

So we have been doing token placement based upon the pilot card.

Target locks go on each card.
Red on enemy pilot card, blue on ship pilot marking the target.
ID token numbers go on the upper left
ION tokens go on the image of the ENEMY ship

Above the card we have been doing:
evade top left of the card,
stress token top center above the pilot card, and
focus tokens to the right top of the pilot card.

Damage cards go below the pilot

When we standardized the layout we found it worked like a car dashboard and we could see what the other pilots had.

I do really wish they did not make evade and focus tokens the same color.

But have others had similar issues, and found workarounds or setups that have worked.

It looked similar to this:

dial

Ev St Fo
--------
|N |
| Io |
| |
| T-R |
| T-B |
--------
[DMG]
[DMG]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The R5Donth Star II
Canada
Hamilton
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
perhaps if there were a standardized matte or card for each pilot with the outlines and designations of tokens it could really catch on.
For now I find the tokens need to be on the ship's base or they are just out of sight out of mind.

dial (Sh)
(Sh)
Ev St Fo Cr
--------
|N | [UPG]
| Io | [UPG]
| | [UPG]
| T-R | [UPG]
| T-B |
--------
[DMG]
[DMG]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Woehlke
msg tools
mb
I've never had this problem but when things get a little cluttered I put the tokens directly on the base of the ship. You can't do this with target locks but with evade and focus you certainly can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eding
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Target lock solution I love is placing the blue lock origin tokens in the Ship bases where the number tokens would go. Then they always move with the ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bevan
Canada
flag msg tools
Temporary tokens like Focus and dodge get placed beside the ship or on the ships base when things are crowded.

I put target locks on the ship cards as they can stick around for many turns and this way I don't need to fiddle with them as I move the ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.