Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Ses
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because this expansion includes events, such as Barbarian Attack, which can give both players a victory point at the same time, it is now possible for both players to reach the winning number of victory points simultaneously.

The rules state that a player wins if he has the requisite number of victory points at the end of his turn or on his turn before he rolls the dice. I interpret this to mean that if both players achieve the winning number of victory points at the same time, the player whose turn it is wins. Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Dr. Düren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if you have the needed victory points to win in your turn, you win, regardless how many victory points your opponent has, even when he has more victory points.

Dr. Reiner Düren
Catan GmbH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wilting
Netherlands
Vught
flag msg tools
I didn't see anything in the rules of my version (new Dutch version) that describes this very clearly. If someone wins in this case, even when the opponent has more points at that time, then that makes no sense.

Yes, it says you immediately win when you reach the amount of points required, but I didn't see anything like this referring to a tie.

I would say that the opponent wins if he has more points at the start of his next turn. If there is a tie, I would say you play on untill there is a difference in the amount of points at the start of a player's turn, which can happen due to winning or losing points.

To be honest, I still have to read the rules in a more critical, analysing way. There are more issues that need clarification to my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.