Michael David
msg tools
I came across a SEALED copy of "Circulation: An Incredible Journey" board game from 1986. I was wondering, is it a rare game and is it worth anything?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Michael,

Welcome to BGG!

Here's the game's page:
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/6986/circulation-an-incre...

Only one person is listed as wanting it, but they only logged in for one day in 2005. The only eBay listing is unsold. One copy sold through BGG for $20.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
welcome

So your copy isn't a first edition (assuming your date is correct) but given it's sealed and the subject matter I'd say it's a nice item that should sell on ebay without too much difficulty. I'd hope you'd be able to make $20 - $40, though a non-sale is perfectly plausible as this is rather speculative lot. You're probably aiming to find someone interested in the subject matter more than a collector, though the fact that it's sealed may keep them interested too.

You could honestly call this a rare game but within board gaming the majority of games are rare due to small print runs. So rare in itself doesn't mean valuable.

Troll and Toad appear to buy copies of $7 and sell for $19.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.