Ken Nall
msg tools

Howdy!

My name is Ken Nall and my kickstarter project is Ironwood Engraving.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/60680001/ironwood-engrav...

What I am looking to do is create wonderfully engraved accessories for gaming out of solid 1/4" hardwoods both domestic and exotic.

So what is the funding for? Laser engraving requires a laser engraver. Just over 3000 of the 3500 goal is going to fund the laser. The remaining part goes to the rewards and fees.

The laser engraver will allow me to create exact engravings of any image whether a photo of you in cosplay or a hand drawing of your current character.

So why hardwoods? For fantasy tabletop gaming, plastic and cardboard work, but really lack the experience of a time when great halls had tables hewn from a single slice of a great oak. Plywood can work, too, but in the end is plywood: a cheaper alternative. The solid hardwoods allow me to create unique pieces that I cannot duplicate as the wood changes with every board and every token captures a unique section of the grain. Also, we all know the satisfying click-clack of wood pieces and how wood feel in your hand. I wanted that for my creations.

So! Rather than make this post gigantic, I'll let you look at the project and check it out for yourself. In the end, you are the ones who will bring this project to life.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/60680001/ironwood-engrav...

If you have any comments or questions, don't hesitate to contact me! I'll be minding the thread regularly.

Thank you for your time and consideration of my project!

Ever grateful,
Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Nall
msg tools
Re: Ironwood Engraving - Laser Engraved Solid hardwood Tokens, Map Tiles and Accessories
101% funded and heading for stretch goals! Thanks everyone!

Ken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.