Subject: board warping.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe C
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else had any board warping issues? My board has become increasingly bowed at both creases where the board comes together... not happy right now..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek McKay
Azerbaijan
APO
msg tools
badge
Is it my turn? Sorry, I wasn't paying attention.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine has a little, but not anything terrible. Although I have not opened the box in over a month. Let me double check...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek McKay
Azerbaijan
APO
msg tools
badge
Is it my turn? Sorry, I wasn't paying attention.
mbmbmbmbmb
Najimbe wrote:
Mine has a little, but not anything terrible. Although I have not opened the box in over a month. Let me double check...

I have double checked, and it has actually gotten better. Mine wasn't laying flat at the seam before, but it is fine now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Miller
United States
Royersford
PA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
My board has warped quite a bit. Luckily, the board is warping so that it's bowing toward the table. Right now Waterdeep is growing a slight mound in parts of the city. Sometimes the meeples sorta roll. I've been trying to find a really good methodology to fixing board warpage. Most tips say, "really heavy books," or "try humidifying the cardboard." The last one makes me nervous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find many of my game boards warp one way or another with the seasons. I'm quite sure fluctuating humidity is the cause. I purchased a humidifier to help with this during dry weather/conditions (in the winter with the furnace running and a 25% relative humidity in the house you can actually watch boards from new games warp within an hour or so) and it has helped some but there is still some warpage of all the paper based components in lots of my games. I still think Super Dungeon Explore is my worst one. It's hard to play because the minis slide down the mountain that is the dungeon boards lol. One time we actually had to use sticky tack...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problems here, got it in April of last year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.